'87 3.2 CARRERA SHANNONS SYDNEY NO RESERVE

87 made 53k and the 71 made 71k on strong bidding at the end

And so the caramello koala goes to..... Drumroll ...

I said at least 70k and I was right. The internet told me sugar is bad for you , so I'll pass on the candied marsupial  :rolleyes:

If that C3.2 was mine, I'd be very happy with $53,000.

Thanks for posting the sale price guys.

You didn't buy it Saozzi?

I think some people were hoping for late $70k  :rolleyes:

Green seats ? 

$53k is a good price but not a great one. It's a good point to assess the market at though. 3.2s haven't gone silly is what it tells us, just climbed steadily.

Agree, many people seem to be carried away with the hype of prices and forget that it still takes a very desirable car to pull 70k in today's market. A car like this would start with being a desirable colour combo (Shannon's car wasn't IMHO) no spend on body or mechanical etc. by reading the pre purchase report which by no means wasnt comprehensive appeared to still need some love and time spent on it. The fact that it had been re carpeted, dash retrimmed and seats showing some signs of wear, door lock not working. may indicate how the car had been treated in a previous life in terms of deferred maintenance

$53k is a fair price considering Kay's and no details around top end rebuilds ect...let alone a big ticket item such as a clutch or even a recent major service

P.s the colour combo is desirable if you see it in real life all polished up!!!!

The technical term is it 'lacked provenance' I think.

It just means the market price for a fair-to-good car with high ks is around the $50k mark.

Lower the ks, increase the colour combo desirability, add in documented work and you can start going up towards $60k

• 2 weeks later...

I think some people were hoping for late $70k  :rolleyes:

Green seats ? 

Hey! mine is the same colour combo.. 

I have to admit, it wouldn't be my choice, if i could make one. At the end of the day, you love your children no matter how they look!!

Archived