'87 3.2 CARRERA SHANNONS SYDNEY NO RESERVE

I had a look at it ....  very cool

I think they are too conservative with the price guide 

Great looking car. My original intention was always to backdate, seeing cars like this always rekindles the urge. 

Agree that this price is awfully pessimistic..  RHD conversion aside, if this goes for anywhere near $55k, it'd be a bargain.

OK, let's make this interesting!

Who can guess the price the 3.2 Carrera goes for on 2 March?

I'll kick off:

$55,000

Prize for closest bid?

I'm open to suggestions!

I reckon a Freddo for the prize from everyone who 'fake' bids (to steal an autohaus marketing strategy for a moment, thoughtful and effective!).

My bid is $70,000.

I reckon a Freddo for the prize from everyone who 'fake' bids (to steal an autohaus marketing strategy for a moment, thoughtful and effective!).

My bid is $70,000.

That is not a 70k car... But I may yet eat my words...

I say it has a 5 in front of it on a good day..

My bid is $70,000.

I would rather pay $5k more for the car below...with 109k km on the clock.

Interested to see what the difference in kms does to the price.

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1988/SSE-AD-3278996

Put me down for $60.1k.

I should've said my $70k bid was for the '71.  

I'm not sure the high km's would deter me from the 3.2l. Means it's been driven and obviously still well cared for so unless I was buying it as a collector, which I wouldn't be, I'd probably be happy so long as it's had a rebuild by someone who cares.

Of course whether I'd pay as much for the higher km car is a conundrum...

Of course whether I'd pay as much for the higher km car is a conundrum...

The higer km and the lack of a mention about a top end rebuild certainly makes predicting the sale price interesting! 

I guess we will find out today.

82k for a converted car albeit in great nick spec... coming of age for LHD-RHD and certainly would be more than anything sold in past 12 mths on the open market - whoever snaffled that early blue QLD converted car for 60K? looks like they stole it :)

BBC ( btw chris suggest you do a google search on your acronym :blink: ) with the 71, I suspect you may not be far off the money...

Archived