Long-time lurker crossing over

Hi everyone,

As titled, I have been a long time lurker on this forum off and on for a number of years.  Finally, decided I may just be able to contribute along the way and am keen to meet up with fellow P-Car enthusiasts along the way.

I've been on the hunt for an addition to the garage for a while and will continue to be whilst I continue chipping away at the wife's resistance... 

A few years ago I had a '79 924 with a steel 944 widebody and an interior that was immaculate (except for the dash which, like all 924s is utter crap).  I pulled it apart and put it back together with NOS parts and OEM goodies and a bunch of stuff ex-Pelican parts.  One thing I learnt for sure was that Porsche's are made for people with kiddy fingers and watchmakers tools - such were the contortions I had to make to undo bolts or fix wiring at times.  Sadly, she suffered a engine fire resulting in a write off back in 2009 and I've been Porsche-less since. 

Anyway, Hi to all.  Looking forward to chatting along the way.

post-2161-0-84218700-1425267459_thumb.jp

The ironic thing about the fireball was that the fire station was literally across the intersection. I'm standing there looking at it saying 'come on, open the doors and drive over here...'

As for the next Pcar, it's gotta be reliable, 4 seater to squeeze the kid lets in occasionally, and have a fixed roof (sorry, no cabs for me). Otherwise, I'm not wedded to any particular model or series of 911. I'm keen for a 964 or 997 but may find my way into a 968 or 952.

The search & convincing continues whilst the funds get bigger (which lets me think I can afford into the mid100k :/ bracket)

Are you sure you didn't mean to say...

A few years ago I had a '79 924 Ferrari with a steel 944 widebody and...

Seriously though, bummer you lost it esp after your hard work...another will come when the time is right.

Archived