Alcantara or Leather Steering Wheel

RedMan

I have just taken the plunge and placed an order for a new Cayman GTS.

I have ticked the box to change the steering wheel from Alcantara to Leather but I am having second thoughts.

Has anybody had experience with the wear of the Alcantara steering wheel?

Congrats!. Pics when it arrives. I had alcantra on my previous car. Feels good, retains grip, looks a bit race car-like but gets pretty grubby.

A professional detailer (actually even me) can clean and rejuvenate though, so it shouldn't be a deal breaker. Per sonally I think a GTS suits alcantra, as long as you maintain it.

That said, I just had my Cayman wheel recovered entirely in black Napa leather, and it looks and feels perfect.

Wow congrats Redman......can't help you with the steering wheel question, but I'd be happy with a couple of ropes to pull on that car.

How long before it comes?    And are you trading the 06 Cayman?

Thanks Guys. A long wait, August/September delivery.

I agree with 911sies, the Alcantara suits the GTS interior that's why I'm having second thoughts.

06 Cayman S will be up for private sale about 3 months before delivery date if anybody here is interested.

And I'm keeping "RedMan"

Thanks Guys. A long wait, August/September delivery.

I agree with 911sies, the Alcantara suits the GTS interior that's why I'm having second thoughts.

06 Cayman S will be up for private sale about 3 months before delivery date if anybody here is interested.

And I'm keeping "RedMan"

Tis a long wait, but it will be well worth it.   Very envious..

I may very well be interested, so keep me in mind when it starts to get close to unload time, if you wouldn't mind.

Hey Redman, Congratulations!

What a fantastic choice, what colour did you order?

I also have no experience with the Alcantara wheels but i agree they certainly look the goods, and it really is in keeping with the theme of the GST

For my $0.10 worth i'd go back to it.  B)

After a bit to much wine tonight I will stick with leather. But either way it is win win so tough choice. Looks, feel, practicality, but in the end it will steer just like a Porsche should.

Magnificent colour combination Gary!

That's the colour combo you see the 911 Carrera GTS on all the billboards around town!

Excellent choice, I would have chosen the same colour combo but with a stick! ;)

Alcantara with red stitching...

I don't think I can get the Red stitching on the steering wheel.

I'm swaying back to the Alcantara for the look & grip but the wear factor is a concern.

Archived