Scam alert - member 'revscene'

SM911

I had two emails from a member with zero posts 'Revscene', offering to find items for me - via a gmail account and in the US.

Based on my pelican experience (and I've had a few)- avoid these PMs (scammers) like the plague.

Revscene - if you read this - and if you are indeed legitimate - prove your bona fides before offering to 'help' with wanted ads.

Moderators - if you have an issue with this post please PM me. I'm making this post in full knowledge that I'm operating at the edge of the envelope but doing so to prevent members being scammed.

Have also had this guy offering to help with wanted items. Funny, first thing i thought was a scam! 

Had this too when i was looking for a donor car. All you have to do is give him your bank a/c details and you're sweet!

We occasionally get these scammers on the Astronomy forum.  Offering to source expensive gear for el-cheapo prices.  Problem is some unsuspecting (read Over-trustworthy) people fall into their web of deceit. 

No sooner had I posted a car on carsales this morning and I get this:

Thanks a lot for the email. I'm away at sea at the moment, and we are presently offshore in New Zealand on project. We do not have access to phone at the moment,its 15days off and 15days on,which is why I contacted you with internet messaging facility. Where is it located at the moment?

I will like you to get back to me with the present condition,How many owners has the car had?How many kilometres has it done?Has it ever been in a crash?Has it been kept in a garage?Does the car has Roadworthy Certificate? and i want it delivered before my arrival.I won't be able to come for the inspection due to the nature of my work and i would have called but our calling is restricted.Regarding the payment, pls get back to me with your final asking price and your bsb and acct number so i can process the payment,you can alternatively send your PayPal email.,. I have also contacted my courier who will come for pick up after the whole fund has been cleared into your acct.

Please dont bother to reply back if you are not okay with my payment method.

Regards

Roslyn Gargiso

[groslyn4@gmail.com]

No sooner had I posted a car on carsales this morning and I get this:

Thanks a lot for the email. I'm away at sea at the moment, and we are presently offshore in New Zealand on project. We do not have access to phone at the moment,its 15days off and 15days on,which is why I contacted you with internet messaging facility. Where is it located at the moment?

I will like you to get back to me with the present condition,How many owners has the car had?How many kilometres has it done?Has it ever been in a crash?Has it been kept in a garage?Does the car has Roadworthy Certificate? and i want it delivered before my arrival.I won't be able to come for the inspection due to the nature of my work and i would have called but our calling is restricted.Regarding the payment, pls get back to me with your final asking price and your bsb and acct number so i can process the payment,you can alternatively send your PayPal email.,. I have also contacted my courier who will come for pick up after the whole fund has been cleared into your acct.

Please dont bother to reply back if you are not okay with my payment method.

Regards

Roslyn Gargiso

[groslyn4@gmail.com]

rs4 for sale already?

Roslyn Gargiso

I'm away at sea at the moment, and we are presently offshore in New Zealand on project. We do not have access to phone at the moment,its 15days off and 15days on,

I won't be able to come for the inspection due to the nature of my work

i would have called but our calling is restricted.

So what does Roslyn actually DO while she's on board ship?

Archived