I'm booked in for my first track day! Help Me!!!

Pam986

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's some more sandown footage. If you're wondering why I cruise down the straight, they had a noise meter half way down the main straight so I had to slot 6th and cruise by to avoid being pinged. I'd already had a warning, next time I exceed limit, I'd be kicked off.

The Sound is out of whack to vision for some reason, but you get the idea. About 200-210 at the top of the back straight.

Then, when you get your eye in, you'll want more power so you can do this!! (go full screen HD and turn up the sound - this guy has some skill!). Used to see this car around a bit and it was a jet.

Poor driving, how so. It's driven hard and has over 500rwhp and clearly is a bit taily. Masterful driving. This guy has driven sprints, improved production, time attack and Tarmac rally, he knows how to steer.

Esp when he steers it sideways before the corner drift style.

Agree, that's the best bit!

He would appear to be having some fun but only when he has the space to do so. If you can't give it the beans on the track where can you, better there than on the road that's for sure!

On topic, go Pam go!

• 3 weeks later...

Now this has really made my day! My CAMS licence came in the mail today! Woohoo! Official competitor, ok well maybe in my dreams. Look out all you track hogs I'm on my way!

Now this has really made my day! My CAMS licence came in the mail today! Woohoo! Official competitor, ok well maybe in my dreams. Look out all you track hogs I'm on my way!

Go Pam, looks like it only took a single motorkhana to unleash your inner speed demon ;)

On my track days, the instructors said that if your knuckles are white on the wheel and you're swearing as you corner...you're going too hard.  Remember it's for FUN!

Mike, I think it was always there it just took a bit of encouragement from you guys. I just hope I can come through with the goods on the track day

Slow steps Pam. Enjoy each step of The journey. Soon you'll start taking about PBs, corner speeds and braking points.

• 1 month later...

Well it is track day and my lucky number is 419. I was trying to work out how to upload a photo but can't find the option. I actually feel quite calm and very excited about the day. It's a mixed bunch here today and the sun is shining!

Archived