I bought a .... Heap of fun

michel

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd be giving that drivers seat a good scrubbing...

I have been on a quite a few drives with Steve and his beautiful car ....

If you actually new him as well as I do, you would remove it and dispose of it in a toxic waste dump ... :lol:

(sorry Steve, you know me, it was an opening I couldn't resist)

gents please now, if anyone is to sully a thread in this house it's usually me ....

BTW whilst ownership is pending and to be transferred to me, I have let Steve know I expect it it be used up until I collect it...so gents remember to give Steve the odd prod and invite him on a date

question for everyone - i really like the current colour, though as it has been said before the paint is ahem challenged so

A do a quick touch up?

B put it back to original 'not another silver porsche' -though silver and tartan would look a treat

C paint it any damn fruity period colour that takes my fancy?

Colour suggestions

Should I start a new thread...best route to drive home? mr fish I would be pleased for you to accompany me, as others are welcome. I do have a porsche mate with shares in a thredbo lodge..might make a nice second day staging point?

BTW whilst ownership is pending and to be transferred to me, I have let Steve know I expect it it be used up until I collect it...so gents remember to give Steve the odd prod and invite him on a date

'Porsches in the Park' On Sunday - SteveF should be joining us then to take your car through semi-submerged roads, swerving around fallen trees and generally caking the interior with animal muck. Not sure if they use salt on the roads in the Hunter, but the wine often tastes like they do..

Sounds like you need a build thread Michel.

Touch it up and drive it. The day will come you want her looking top notch and then invest in a full respray and tidy up.

As for colour change, I would keep her original but if you would rather something else then go for it. My car (76 911) was resprayed silver in 2000 and changed back to Talbot Yellow in 2001. :wacko:

trying to line up a a free day or weekend, to collect the car from Steve and its imminent. With luck there may be a posse of cnbra lads from the dreaded kollektiv coming up for the run there and back.  if so and with a week or so notice to all in Sydney and regions be  swell to meet early for a blat 'n' bagel before heading the wrong way home...

so if you're able and timing works - let me know.

should have date sorted soon

trying to line up a a free day or weekend, to collect the car from Steve and its imminent. With luck there may be a posse of cnbra lads from the dreaded kollektiv coming up for the run there and back.  if so and with a week or so notice to all in Sydney and regions be  swell to meet early for a blat 'n' bagel before heading the wrong way home...

on baby watch at the moment but if you are close can definitely pop out for a couple of hours

Especially as she just found out about the 'incident' on the weekend. Bloody mate told his wife who busted me.

Dude I'm staging an intervention - You call him a mate , I expect to be ' dobbed in' by my 8yr old daughter...but a grown man with a licence ....

PS should have said thin ice - which no doubt you're on :)

trying to line up a a free day or weekend, to collect the car from Steve and its imminent. With luck there may be a posse of cnbra lads from the dreaded kollektiv coming up for the run there and back. if so and with a week or so notice to all in Sydney and regions be swell to meet early for a blat 'n' bagel before heading the wrong way home...

Depending on which day I'll tag along for a spin.

• 2 weeks later...

gents im picking up the  car Friday morning earlyish so wil be on the prowl for a good long mac. - collecting car on nth side of the bridge may need to go  to see autohaus and possibly autowerks then hammering it home - via some b roads

so if anyone is about early am or fancy a fri blast out of town in the arvo let me know

Archived