Two barn finds found, which to sell????

Sounds like a nice problem to have............

Personally the rosewood SC appeals to me and given that the 2.7 is running it would make sense to move it on in order to fund the reminder of the SC.

That's my 2 cents solely based on the information above 'reading between the lines' so to speak - both sound like nice cars so you can't go too wrong!

I can't see the problem.

The glass is half full no matter what you decide and suggest you sit on the 2.7 as long as you can. The kids will get used to cheese sandwich lunches and tell them getting teased about their Kmart clothes is character building....

If you're keeping one of them, why not approach it from which you'd prefer to keep?

I agree, but there is so much more to it now than a few years ago, I suppose you could say I don't want to make the wrong financial decision looking back in a few years if I do sell one. If only I could drive them both side by side, that may help but cant happen just yet.

1. Decide which to keep

2. Finish the other one

3. Sell the other one as a finished, registered, shiny car

4. Use proceeds from (3) to make the keeper as you want

5. Happiness!

I wouldn't worry about the UK delivery.  Once cars get rarer and hard to find, fussiness about the location of the original dealer fade away.  Would anyone really care about the original delivery location of a 72S?  No.  

If it's got no rust, it's got no rust.  I assume you have photos of the restoration showing that there is no rust.  The main reason people don't like UK cars is because of rust.  Other than that, they're virtually identical to Australian cars and sometimes were delivered with higher spec.  Newly painted, fixed up and with photos showing no rust you should get a handsome price.  And if people in Australia turn their noses up at the lack of riveted on ADR plate, then advertise it in the UK.

perhaps if you're going to subtly start a 'for sale' thread you should at least chip in for Financial Membership for the forum you're using to promote your vehicles?

Financial Membership details here:

'For Sale' rules here:

Hi Everyone, thanks for the reply's. I think then the general consensus is to keep the 2.7 which I intend to do at this stage. All your advice is much appreciated. This is a great forum that I have always found useful.

However, I have deleted the original post, given it was suggested by one of you I posted to sell one of the vehicles. This was not my intention and I am sorry if that was the impression. I agree forum support is needed, but dont like being portrayed in a bad light as having posted only to avoid becoming a financial member, I only wanted a view as to whether I should sell one of the cars.

Anyway, all the best guys.

I will look to post again, although will retrain from posting anything of a personal nature.

Archived