Singer targa

turboT

A lot of crash shops use some sort of strong adhesive, not just high end cars

Was told by the guy that did my floor pan that he has used it with roof replacements.

pretty sure the ceramic tiles on the space shuttle were stuck on with glue. 

Fat bottomed Targas do it for me.  The extra girth fixes the top heavy look of the skinny Targas.

19220551241_c7fcab8e3e_z.jpg

02-singer-911-targa-1 by Harvs11, on Flickr

As for bonded panels, they create a super strong joint where screwing or welding isn't possible.  Good luck taking it apart though.  The base material is more likely to be destroyed before the glue lets go.  A nightmare if you ever need to repair it.

• 2 weeks later...

Don't see a singer doing many track days mate. Come to think of it, I bet 80% of gt3's don't see much more than the inside of a garage :)

Most of the Singer owners would have a dedicated track car .... they have the Singer as their daily driver which is both comfortable to drive, and wickedly fast.

I listened to a podcast with Mr Dickenson, and this is what he he said when asked do many of the cars get tracked, and would they ever consider building a suoer focues track variant.

Justin 

I don't know about anyone else's ideas re colours etc but I really don't like that exploded nappie interior colour. Don't get me wrong I lust after Singer just like most of you on here, just saying re the interior colour.

I applaud Singer for getting behind the bold interior.

if it manages to shake up the color pallette of manufacturers in the coming years, extra double win.

Life is too short to sit in various shades of grey and beige forever.

Archived