Car transport

ANF

If you need any help storing/loading etc, at the Brisbane end, let me know.

That price is acceptable when you take into account, flights, fuel, time, etc...

I've freighted a few cars from Hobart to Brisbane, and it was usually under a week and CEVA have always been spot on.

Wrong Way

Fly over to pick it up at their Melbourne depot and drive it onto the ferry.  Mid winter, mid week it's gotta be cheap...

Yeah, It doesn't quite add up does it.....

Fly over to Melb has to be considered, and could easily make a long weekend out of it :)

G.O.R. road trip to fully test it out!

fly to brisbane and drive it back? i'm sure we could put on an SMT/meet up or something

Would be nice, but to do it safely would mean two nights accom, plus fuel plus airfare, I think would work out maybe same price but then there is 2 or 3 days off work.....

Something to consider and thanks for the meet up offer :)

If you need any help storing/loading etc, at the Brisbane end, let me know.

That price is acceptable when you take into account, flights, fuel, time, etc...

I've freighted a few cars from Hobart to Brisbane, and it was usually under a week and CEVA have always been spot on.

Thanks heaps, offer very much appreciated!

Not sure yet which car. There is also one in Perth that is high up on my list.

I reckon you wouldn't have too much trouble getting a few people to tag team the car most of the way for you.Is it possible to have one person drop off the car on the ferry then another person pick it up?

I reckon you wouldn't have too much trouble getting a few people to tag team the car most of the way for you.Is it possible to have one person drop off the car on the ferry then another person pick it up?

Sounds like a logistical nightmare....

Yes you can drop off car and someone else pickup, an unaccompanied car on the Spirit is $640.

It is looking much easier to freight the whole way.

Thanks to all who have commented :)

Hard to believe that Perth to Hobart is only marginally dearer than Brisbane to Hobart despite being double the distance!!?

Cheers

CEVA looks to be the go. Price seems fair, I asked on delivery times - 19 working days from Perth to Hobart!!

How long have people experienced across the mainland? That bit of water sure does add a bit.......

From memory I think it was 10 working days Perth to Brisbane. It got picked up on a Monday morning and I had it delivered to my door on Friday of the following week. Best Friday ever!

There is a backlog out of Perth currently. I just sent a car out from Perth and received a car from Brisbane. The Brisbane car arrived here as the Perth car left. 

Was with CEVA also. They were very good. 

If if you were looking to save $ surely you would come out in front flying to Melb, and then doing the overnight ferry in a sleeper ?

And forget the GOR. You have the best roads right in your own backyard :) 

From memory I think it was 10 working days Perth to Brisbane. It got picked up on a Monday morning and I had it delivered to my door on Friday of the following week. Best Friday ever!

There is a backlog out of Perth currently. I just sent a car out from Perth and received a car from Brisbane. The Brisbane car arrived here as the Perth car left. 

Was with CEVA also. They were very good. 

If if you were looking to save $ surely you would come out in front flying to Melb, and then doing the overnight ferry in a sleeper ?

And forget the GOR. You have the best roads right in your own backyard :) 

The person did say that there was a 5 day delay somewhere, probably that then...

We do, but nothing like the GOR right on the coast like it is.

Thanks guys

• 2 years later...
On ‎20‎/‎07‎/‎2015 at 1:28 PM, ANF said:

Ceva will freight into Hobart, for $1489! That is a lot extra to get across the water - $445 Bris to Melb!

Hmmmm,

I am just re-visiting this as I most likely will need to get a car from Brisbane to Hobart, interesting that the whole trip price is similar while  Brisbane to Melbourne is almost double at $800..... cannot fly up so will have to go with Ceva I think.

Is the car okay to drive?  Perhaps you could use the PFA shuttle service.  

You could get someone to collect it and drive Brisbane to Sydney or Melbourne and you collect it from Melbourne.....

I recently had a car delivered by CEVA - Perth to Brisbane.  Quoted 14 working days, but it got here in 7 :D.  Freight logistics worked in my favour, apparently.  No marks on the car, just some Nullarbor dust from the train trip Perth-Adelaide...

3 hours ago, ANF said:

I am just re-visiting this as I most likely will need to get a car from Brisbane to Hobart, interesting that the whole trip price is similar while  Brisbane to Melbourne is almost double at $800..... cannot fly up so will have to go with Ceva I think.

Seems excessive for it to cross the water, maybe an option to fly across to Melb and put it on the boat yourself? Have used Prixcar transport a bit and if it's not a prized gem I'm always happy for it to travel uncovered. Incidently just had a quote for $700 from Perth to Melb door to door. Cheaper than Bris to Melb!! and same time frame!!

Prixcar is more expensive than Ceva. To fly to Melb and catch the boat back does not really save a lot, the whole way does... will see if I can haggle a bit with the dealer....

32 minutes ago, ANF said:

Prixcar is more expensive than Ceva. To fly to Melb and catch the boat back does not really save a lot, the whole way does... will see if I can haggle a bit with the dealer....

Hmmm will have to check with Ceva again. Last 3 times I compared them, Ceva was at least 30% more, although was at least a year back that I decided not to use them...

Archived