Drivers!  This is going to be good!

The next PFA Australian Capital Targa (ACT) is in the planning stages.  This is a 4 day event comprising a 2 day approach drive to Canberra via brilliant country roads.  Meet our colleagues from Canberra and Melbourne, share stories, plan adventures, kick tyres.  There’s plenty to see and do including the Australian War Memorial and for those who haven’t tired of driving, there are some great roads surrounding Canberra where you can stretch your legs.  Bring your camera for a special photo shoot!

I am seeking firm expressions of interest as we are pre-booking our accommodation.  I can promise you that it will be top class and at a special discounted rate!

Dates are: 31st March – 3rd April, 2016.

Expect to pay $179 for the first night, including breakfast.
Expect to pay $169 per night in Canberra including breakfast or $139 per night excluding breakfast.

Some drivers choose to share rooms, so please let me know if you wish to do so when responding.  W.A.G.s are welcome.

For those who attended last year, I hope to introduce some changes to the route to avoid some nasty road works west of the Blue Mountains.

There are plenty of options for anyone who wish to participate in the approach drive only, day 1 only or day 2 only or directly to Canberra only.

Day one is approximately 400kms, day two is around 300kms.  Both days have plenty of stops for coffee, lunch and views.

Happy to discuss all options with you, but please keep route/accommodation details out of the public forum.

Depending upon responses, participation may be limited.

Regards

David.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wouldn't miss it. Count me in!

Please note for the first night we only have limited rooms available at this very special rate so first in best dressed! (We will make sure Billy is at the end of the hall)

Caver, count me in for this. ......just need to work out how I'm going to mange the "hi honey I'm home but just need to duck out again for 4 days" conversation......

Easy, just tell her you are coming back 4 days later than you actually are. They won't notice that the car is missing from the garage will they?

I can not recommend this highly enough.

The driving alone is worth the price of admission but meeting up with everyone in Canberra & swapping yarns (well listening to Niko's anyway) was fantastic last year. 

If I could do this I would but I will be in QLD when it's on. 

• 4 weeks later...

Those dates are good for me, 

Excellent, planning for "Operation Kidnap Arrow Blue 930 (aka Miss August)" is now reactivated:

; Chloroform - check,

; zip ties - check,

; remote dummy photo-shoot location secured - check, 

; one-way Canberra - Tamworth bus ticket - check,

; rubber chicken (don't ask) - check ...... :ph34r:

Excellent, planning for "Operation Kidnap Arrow Blue 930 (aka Miss August)" is now reactivated:

; Chloroform - check,

; zip ties - check,

; remote dummy photo-shoot location secured - check, 

; one-way Canberra - Tamworth bus ticket - check,

; rubber chicken (don't ask) - check ...... :ph34r:

:huh:…….maybe I should rethink this Canberra trip

Now, where is that dislike button ??? :P

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Okay Peoples....I have sent you all a PM with details for bookings.

You need to do 2 things.

1. Confirm with me that you are participating in the event.
  2. Book your accommodation in Canberra a.s.a.p.  Our Sth Highlands accommodation is arranged, see PM for details.

Cheers!

Just found this thread. Wife would kill me with a four day leave pass, but have been wanting to have a Canberra run forever. Could possibly cut out the gentlemanly runs and turn this into a day-night- back next next thing, hopefully meeting you guys at some point for the run into Canberra. Also keen on seeing Michaels workshop. Could probably drag down a few other time poor soles, and now I know Billy's not coming, we should be accident free aswell :) 

no issue if too late, but PM me with details if you can

Tit,

How about a sausage sizzle at Michel's place to inspect his collection and a update on his Tangent project and a guest appearance of KGB and his 928?

I'm happy to cook if that helps.:)

I'm sure Michel would be happy to  bring out his sausage.

As for KGB. I may have  magic powers, but not sure if could make him drive all the way from Melbourne to participate in the sausage display...

Tit,

How about a sausage sizzle at Michel's place to inspect his collection and a update on his Tangent project and a guest appearance of KGB and his 928?

I'm happy to cook if that helps.:)

Would love to see the old sporto again. 

I'm sure Michel would be happy to  bring out his sausage.

As for KGB. I may have  magic powers, but not sure if could make him drive all the way from Melbourne to participate in the sausage display...

Now Tit you must admit you did ask for suggestions! :D

BTW: KGB could come up with the rest of the Victoria boys.  As for Michel's sausage I wouldn't be touching that except for tongs and to stab with a fork to let the fat run out.....

"I wouldn't be touching that except for tongs and to stab with a fork to let the fat run out....." Geeze Peter this conversation went real ugly, real early :D

I look forward to catching up with everyone again and I have a few ideas for the usual Saturday morning run route & the afternoon photo-shoot location, so I suppose I had better get our Kollektiv brains trust together to see what interesting locations we can come up with for the 2016 extravaganza.

Cheers,

Panzerjager

"I wouldn't be touching that except for tongs and to stab with a fork to let the fat run out....." Geeze Peter this conversation went real ugly, real early :D

I look forward to catching up with everyone again and I have a few ideas for the usual Saturday morning run route & the afternoon photo-shoot location, so I suppose I had better get our Kollektiv brains trust together to see what interesting locations we can come up with for the 2016 extravaganza.

Cheers,

Panzerjager

<_< Yeah right…." no! it won't look good in the back of that truck"

Archived