964 Wheels

reggiegums

I have found a set of Cup 1 wheels with the following specs supplied:

Front:

7.5 x 17 ET52

Rear:

9 x 17 ET47

First question. Will they fit my 964 C4 and will I need spacers? Second question. The seller doesn't know if they are genuine or replicas, how do I find out?

It just says Made in Italy and a bunch of numbers.

I have found a set of Cup 1 wheels with the following specs supplied:

Front:

7.5 x 17 ET52

Rear:

9 x 17 ET47

First question. Will they fit my 964 C4 and will I need spacers? Second question. The seller doesn't know if they are genuine or replicas, how do I find out?

It just says Made in Italy and a bunch of numbers.

I think I'm right in saying that genuine wheels have the offset and width stamped into the wheel either side of the valve stem. Made in Italy suggests Mille Miglia replica wheels I think? Someone else may be able to confirm. Standard 964 front wheel width in 17" was 7", however 7.5" is probably better and will suit the now favoured 225 front wheel width too.

Just fitted that exact off set, perfect fit on a C4 no spacers.

Those wheels are replica, however I am told they are made in the same factory are the Porsche wheels, so they are basically the same without the Porsche stamp. ?

Make sure you post some pics when you fit them.

what front tyre size does everyone run on these rim?

225/45/17?

I think the recommendation is 205/50/17 which I am running, but they look a little narrow.. 

Yes mate, 225/45/17 front 255/40/17 rear. I ended up with Goodyear F1s after reading lots of tyre reviews they seem to be a good rounder and made in Germany. 

http://www.goodyear.eu/home_en/tires/passenger/eagle-f1-asymmetric-2/

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not to harp but would these fit a 964 C4?

not unless you're the type of person that wants to run 225s on a 9" with 5 degrees of camber to make them "fit"...not that there's anything wrong with that

not unless you're the type of person that wants to run 225s on a 9" with 5 degrees of camber to make them "fit"...not that there's anything wrong with that

I do like an aggressive camber but hate the stretched look. Guess I have to give it a miss.

Shame....I love a good BBS dished wheel.

Archived