What's it worth? 1990 C4 Cab ?

Hi,

I have been stunned at the way prices of what have been recently "unmoveable" Porsches have gone up.

I am always told that 964's, Cabs and C4's are the least desirable of the Porsches 

I am thinking of putting mine on the market 

Its an Aus delivered, original 1990 964 Carrera 4 cab - 154,000 kms with books

Paint and body excellent - interior all original

All service books and receipts - well maintained - drives like a rocket

What should I be expecting on a reasonable day?

An Aussie RHD C4 Cab is super rare as one of only 29 units sold here '90-'93; and at an astronomical price when new. Compare this to the 1300+ G series Coupes sold here up to 1989 and the 199 x C2/C4 964 Coupes sold in the same period......GLWS

You have forgotten to mention Manual or Auto...

There is a big difference between these two!

pretty sure all cabs are auto. Need a spare hand to hold your woman/hat/hairpiece :)

He said C4, C4's only come in manual.

Hi,

I have been stunned at the way prices of what have been recently "unmoveable" Porsches have gone up.

I am always told that 964's, Cabs and C4's are the least desirable of the Porsches 

color combination, photos ?

Hi,

Hi Redgear,

Welcome to the forum!

It might be worth entertaining the idea of signing up as a Financial Member (for a small fee ;)), that way you can go the whole hog and post an actual advertisement including photos etc. 

The forum has a large reach and can allow for a car to change hands pretty easily seeing as your dealing with like minded people! Its a good place to start before you open it up to carsales etc. as I dare say it wont last long around here. 

All the best. Hugh. 

no hair piece then?

Passenger changes gear while you hold on to your hair piece? 

Or, passenger holds on to hair piece while you change gear. I guess it all comes down to personal preference and your passenger's ability to shift gears with their right hand. 

Passenger changes gear while you hold on to your hair piece? 

Or, passenger holds on to hair piece while you change gear. I guess it all comes down to personal preference and your passenger's ability to shift gears with their right hand. 

shes way too busy....um....texting

must be why we all love a coupe :)

there was a good looking 964 2 cab that was advertised for $55k I think the other week. Immediately disappeared so assume either sold, or took it off the market because he got too many calls.

C4's seem to now be sitting at $80 - $90k

So a C4 Cab - $60 - $70k?

Don't feed the insanity...

An Aussie RHD C4 Cab is super rare as one of only 29 units sold here '90-'93; and at an astronomical price when new. Compare this to the 1300+ G series Coupes sold here up to 1989 and the 199 x C2/C4 964 Coupes sold in the same period......GLWS

Yes, you are correct - and there was 1 in 1994 

Its a very rare car in terms of Australian delivery.

It was the "recession we had to have" time 

Hi Redgear,

Welcome to the forum!

It might be worth entertaining the idea of signing up as a Financial Member (for a small fee ;)), that way you can go the whole hog and post an actual advertisement including photos etc. 

The forum has a large reach and can allow for a car to change hands pretty easily seeing as your dealing with like minded people! Its a good place to start before you open it up to carsales etc. as I dare say it wont last long around here. 

All the best. Hugh. 

Hi Hugh,

Took your advice and became "financial"

I am not sure I want to sell, I just don't want to lose touch - about 6 weeks ago I know someone who sold an immaculate 1989 3.2 Blue Grey manual (convertible) with Aus books and service and big $$$ of receipts fro an engine rebuild

He sold it for $55k - was flipped by the purchaser  a few weeks later (after some cosmetic - maybe $2 - $3k of body work) for somewhere between $75k and $79k - so he paid a big price in my view for thinking of what prices were maybe 6 months or a year ago.

One thing is that it's easy to take the anti-cab chatter on this forum (im guilty of that myself) as an indication of the market.  Some people are looking for cabs and a rare one is very hard to find another.  Red/black is a classic combo so you should get top price.

if you're going to sell I would price optimistically and see what happens.  Sounds like it's a tough decision so you can retire it from the market for awhile if the price proves to be too high.

Cabs (as defacto Speedsters) will have their day- they were just 8% of the total G body deliveries here and were 22% of all 964's delivered; I have zero desire to own a halfnhalf Targa of any vintage, as a Cab is a much superior thing to spend time in. I've got a 911 coupe and a cab and 9 times /10 the Cab wins over in the 'what shall I drive this fine morning' lotto......and it's not like my coupe isn't anything special either......yep I've got skin in the game but I really don't care what my Cab's worth as I plan to never sell it, as I have bought it back after owning it previously in the 90s. Having said this Mossgreen have an 11k km's from new 996 Turbo Cab manual with a hardtop coming up for auction.....

Cabs: do yourself a favour.......

Cabs (as defacto Speedsters) will have their day- they were just 8% of the total G body deliveries here and were 22% of all 964's delivered; I have zero desire to own a halfnhalf Targa of any vintage, as a Cab is a much superior thing to spend time in. I've got a 911 coupe and a cab and 9 times /10 the Cab wins over in the 'what shall I drive this fine morning' lotto......and it's not like my coupe isn't anything special either......yep I've got skin in the game but I really don't care what my Cab's worth as I plan to never sell it, as I have bought it back after owning it previously in the 90s. Having said this Mossgreen have an 11k km's from new 996 Turbo Cab manual with a hardtop coming up for auction.....

Cabs: do yourself a favour.......

!st - Great to meet a fellow cab enthusiast!
Seems like we have a similar perspective - All the dealers I speak to say that there is almost a "cult-like" obsession from the market with manual coupes (its like there is a mentality of "thats what you need to have" to be recognised by the fraternity as having a "real" porsche - I don't care about that - Its the drive and the experience fro me)

The dealers also  say that the porsche cabs are almost the same to drive as the coupes (unless you are on the track or doing the Targa Tasmania or similar) 
I had a 1997 c4s that I bought from new and that was an amazing car but I prefer the drive of my 964 c4 - I had a different 964 C4 cab in 1995 - a black one with tan interior - bought it from Porsche s/hand and that car I will never forget - and when I got the 993 C4S, it was great but not as great to drive as the 964 IMO.

Archived