What's it worth? 1990 C4 Cab ?

Me too! I was shopping around with this in mind about 6 months ago...

Until I did some calcs. About $40-50k in parts alone...

Would feel exactly the same from the drivers seat....

I can help you with the windscreen....

Thanks M, but I decided against it and bought the C2 instead. I do still dream of a stripped out speedster style 964 build in the future...

Would feel exactly the same from the drivers seat....

...stock yes, but not the type of build I was thinking of??

My introduction to 964 driving was a month long lend of my mates 964 C4 Cabriolet and it was enough to hook me. 
It is not as nice as my Coupe (condition and modifications are in play here), but was still a sensational drive and a car that attracted a lot of attention. Certainly enjoyed driving the 964 Cabriolet a lot. 

• 2 weeks later...

I really want to like these, but can't get there. Looks like a hunchback. Just saying.

I have one.  They are a very polarizing car - love/hate, no in-between.

They are a cracking drive.  If I had to sell all of the toys the Speedster would be one of the last to go.

I have one.  They are a very polarizing car - love/hate, no in-between.

They are a cracking drive.  If I had to sell all of the toys the Speedster would be one of the last to go.

Bit off topic sorry.............but were there other modifications aside from body work to make them drive differently? Just curious as I would have thought they drive not too dissimilar from a wide body cab of the same era? 

Bit off topic sorry.............but were there other modifications aside from body work to make them drive differently? Just curious as I would have thought they drive not too dissimilar from a wide body cab of the same era? 

Mine is narrow body (as were most 964's Speedsters).  From memory, they had the same chassis reinforcement as a cab, but with the RS trim and seats, no back seats, no solid roof, lightweight soft roof and lightweight clam shell the weigh about the same as a coupe (ie. quite a bit less than a widebody cab).

Mine is narrow body (as were most 964's Speedsters).  From memory, they had the same chassis reinforcement as a cab, but with the RS trim and seats, no back seats, no solid roof, lightweight soft roof and lightweight clam shell the weigh about the same as a coupe (ie. quite a bit less than a widebody cab).

Apologies, not sure why I thought they were wide bodies..............

So would it be safe to say that the spec change was mostly cosmetic then? (again, apologies for getting off topic!) 

Archived