1988 930

9er

Very pimp! Really lovely looking car, I'm guessing you'll hang onto this one. 

I don't think I will.

I don't value these cars anywhere near what the market seems to.

I'm looking at this as  a deposit for both my kids first house (don't tell them that) and maybe even enough coin to finish the '65

White would have been my first choice. With a body that good you don't need colour. Will we see you out on the next SMT?

better crack on to getting it organized hey.

Hey Shady, yes will be there.

I'm also going out to Mclaren Vale for the Burger meet on Sunday night, are you going there?

what's the go with the McLaren vale thing?

• 2 weeks later...

Really wonderful to see the car returned to its original form.

I never quite understand the "update" thing.

Be proud of what you own, enjoy it for what it is, and most importantly drive it to impress yourself not others .

At the moment, ironically it would seem "backdating" is all the rage! How many 964's in the future will need to be restored once they become even rarer and more desirable

I think originality always wins out and what a desirable car you have recovered, congratulations it really looks wonderful  I hope that it drives just as well.

• 1 month later...

I had the car on the Dyno to make sure all was good, as it will be doing a lot of kms in the next few months, Phillip Island Historics and up to Rennsport in late April.

Everything on the car seems good and the RWKW seems respectable.

IMG_1617_zpsn6iqnifz.jpg

I had the car on the Dyno to make sure all was good, as it will be doing a lot of kms in the next few months, Phillip Island Historics and up to Rennsport in late April.

Everything on the car seems good and the RWKW seems respectable.

IMG_1617_zpsn6iqnifz.jpg

295bhp at the wheels.

What goodies do you have bolted on?

295bhp at the wheels.

What goodies do you have bolted on?

Luke, all it really has is the upgraded Turbo Charger (common on most 930) and upgraded Heat Exchangers, it has bog stock factory muffler and intercooler and airbox.

It has had a documented engine rebuild within the last 20000kms but only to stock specs.

Good result.

I've been resisting the urge to tinker with mine. It's totally stock with a rebuild 2 years ago.

I've collected some go fast bits that are sitting on the shelf waiting for a moment of weakness. That dyno report doesn't help my resolve!

Archived