First drive in FNQ for the Green Machine.

BJM

I just recently moved north after nearly 20 years of calling Sydney home. As anyone who has moved interstate or just house in general it's not the most fun you can have. With all the packing & unpacking the car has sat neglected & I've been itching to get her out.

D3C4883A-F4B8-43B3-BBDF-47740E30E281_zps

I've looked into a few car clubs to get an idea of the car culture in the area (a part from the 4x4s) it seems to be Holdern v Ford with some jap stuff in there as well.

I found the local Porsche Center and thought I could go in & have a look around. I spoke to the navigator about it saying "There might some guys there that get together for drives, a bit like PFA in Sydney."

She replied "They'll just be all 4x4 ones (meaning Cayennes & Macans), you want to go driving with real Porsches." :D:ph34r:

After looking at Google Maps, I found what looked to be an interesting place to head out & have a look. So off we went. After some time I realised that the roads up here aren't twisting Blue Mt roads that I normally traverse. 

B014D958-1C0E-40F0-B78D-AA30BBF6D0F1_zps

None the less it was good to be out on the open road & the locals certainly keep you on your toes as they come out find out what all the noise is about.

3A68F7CE-1730-404E-BC69-F76949C2B47F_zps

It's not rained that much this year up this way so the Burdekin Dam was pretty low & allowed for some photo opportunities.

A1138873-288B-4E33-A9CB-3F14E76CEBF1_zps

E4575958-AF73-418A-B066-68BD3C861A08_zps

A49920B0-B62D-4F3F-8846-C7ACDB9BA572_zps

Even though it was so dry it was a pretty nice spot really.

D30F65F0-2A0F-4C85-AB60-982ACC7B73EF_zps

I never really cared that much about the aircon in these cars to much till now. Still nothing that can't be overcome. A quick stop at a small country pub to cool down on the way home.

B64F4F44-1CBD-47E9-B81E-8ED5188BC7F9_zps

Great day in the end. Just missing some other tragics to talk crap about there "real" Porsches. :)

That dam looks amazing Billy (green machine in good shape too!) And looks almost as fun as a Sydney to Bathurst run... bigger road hazards though:ph34r: Hope you can track down some others to join you out on the road, if not... who's up for a blast to FNQ?

Glad to see you guys are setting in and the green machine is getting some attention! :) 

Road hazards? Just avoid those parrots! 

Cheers mate. ?

Sage addvice. 

Car is looking great Billy. Put a smile on my face ?

She is still going as strong as ever mate. 

There is a nice 964T there and the owner likes a fun drive.

Suggest Marque Sports Car Register NQ, good bunch of people.

964T :wub:

Marque have come up in my searches & are at the top of my list to check out. Thanks for the info. Will check them out for sure. 

I've hit a big red roo in WA (4pm), and lots of smaller stuff in Tas. This time of year I would see at least 15 animals on the 3 km after I turn off the hwy anytime after dusk.

So I'm a bit careful , and certainly don't need to lower any of my cars.

So BJM , take extra care not to ding that gorgeously coloured 911!

Looking good billie. Damn hot driving without AC though. 

It's pretty crazy. Just glad there's not much traffic to get stuck in. 

Great photos, Billy.  Keep 'em coming on your future FNQ adventures. 

Cow + car =:( Take care. 

Thanks. The old iPhone goes alright. 

Hey Billy, where in FNQ are you based?

I'm in Townsville or as the locals say "Da Ville".

You up this way?

Archived