Anyone Know The Owner ?

I know its a personal preference but id stick with the SC or go for the 86 3.2 coupe that was listed on carsales today  

I've owned a 993 Tip, SC & 3.2 i would say the 3.2 is excellent as a daily & the 993 Tip was a bit dull, just me tho 

Would they trade for an Guards Red SC? Dreaming I know . 

Depending on the condition of your SC you might be pleasantly surprised!

Full marks to Autohaus with the upfront disclosure about its history.

The reputation of the 993 Targa roof isn't good like Steve T said but is that a real issue or something similar to say the hysteria around IMS bearings in a 996? Does it matter if it's not going to be driven in the rain anyway?

Unlike James I couldn't drive my C3.2 daily but could my 993 Tip assuming I had secure parking during the day. Also unlike James I don't find Tips "dull" but suggest they take some effort to access their performance potential due to the limited number of ratios and not a whole lot of bottom end torque.  The reason I couldn't drive my C3.2 daily is the very reason I like it actually!  Just like your SC no doubt.

But each to their own!

Yes, credit to Autohauss indeed for disclosing so much in the add.

Money in today's market for a Targa is about right, however the Webasto roof has a reputation for being problematic. $85K for a "repairable write" off Targa?..............SC is way cooler.

here is a couple:http://www.carsales.com.au/private/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1994/SSE-AD-3681672/?Cr=4

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1996/OAG-AD-12215378/?Cr=11

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1995/OAG-AD-10482883/?Cr=12

I think the car is two dear for a repaired W/O Along with the stigma of the crap roof function/ non function when the cars above are close to the price range with good history.

$30K overpriced imo.... Love how the "catch" is always on the last lines of the ad, never the first paragraph...

I think you'd find that if the owner was advertising it, it would probably be $15k -$20k cheaper, then maybe some room for negotiation ....

It is advertised through AH though ..... so internet taxes apply as well as profit taxes and the ever popular "because we can" tax .....

Depending on the condition of your SC you might be pleasantly surprised!

Full marks to Autohaus with the upfront disclosure about its history.

The reputation of the 993 Targa roof isn't good like Steve T said but is that a real issue or something similar to say the hysteria around IMS bearings in a 996? Does it matter if it's not going to be driven in the rain anyway?

Unlike James I couldn't drive my C3.2 daily but could my 993 Tip assuming I had secure parking during the day. Also unlike James I don't find Tips "dull" but suggest they take some effort to access their performance potential due to the limited number of ratios and not a whole lot of bottom end torque.  The reason I couldn't drive my C3.2 daily is the very reason I like it actually!  Just like your SC no doubt.

But each to their own!

Is it law for dealers to disclose a car as being a repairable write off?

Is it law for dealers to disclose a car as being a repairable write off?

Its so easily checked that they would be mad not to .....

In fact, it comes up on a Rev's check and everyone does that one at a minimum just to find out if any money is owing ...

Archived