THE NEW BOXSTER 4 CYL TURBO

Niko

I'm sure they will be a great car, remember the "ooh I don't think so's"  when Porsche introduced a deisel engine.    

Look at the Cayenne's and the Macans now.  

(speaking of Macans, one of the salesmen at PCM told me the other day they sold 64 Macans in December)

The "traditional thing" of a flat 6 now disappearing for Boxters  and Cayman's is the down side of it.

Are they now just going to sound like a WRX (not that there is anything wrong with the way a WRX burbles along) 

Lets sit back and see how they go.   

Yep have to say it looks great sounds great, handles great and even has that magnificent back burble.  

Obviously one with the lot.    Probably the best looking Boxster they have produced.  (IMHO)

Harvs, your hard to please, "HO HUM" indeed:wacko:.........I'd better go and get a new hearing aid. 

I am thinking the water cooled bias just might have slipped into your review just a tad.:P

Harvs, your hard to please, "HO HUM" indeed:wacko:.........I'd better go and get a new hearing aid. 

I am thinking the water cooled bias just might have slipped into your review just a tad.:P

Nothing to do with water.  I can't get enough of the high crescendo wail from either water or oil cooled flat sixes.  This new 4 pot just doesn't sound special like a Porsche should. Maybe it's the factory installed hair dryer that's dulling the exhaust note. Does it come with a holder for scissors and a comb too?

Is this the first real sign of influence from the VW overlords.   "Emissions targets must be achieved!"

Next step will be 2 cylinders and an electric motor. "You mark my words son!" 

Artificial exhaust sounds is kid's stuff, seriously. Like electronic drums :wub:

But the cars look OK, more and more like the futuristic Hotwheels of my youth. Colours are refreshing too.

I bet once they hit the floors here, they will sell heaps.   A new type of Porsche ownership and owners.

The exhaust is copping a bit of flack, but keep in mind that is out on a nice open road,

I would like to hear it on full tilt around Reefton Spur with closed in roads and trees etc.

I am sure the boffins have put together a great car, and as much as I hate to see the flat 6 for these models, put to the sword, we will all move on,

As I mentioned earlier most P people tutt tutted the release of a Diesel.   I think that has now made it's mark.

Plus for those of us who have flat 6's it can only be a good thing when it comes to re sale time.....

I bet once they hit the floors here, they will sell heaps.   A new type of Porsche ownership and owners.

The "legendary Porsche reliability and build quality" will hook them Niko! Porsches are rather commonplace nowadays. Good if you are in the 2nd hand market.

Will be interesting to see them go head to head against MB.

From the video above I wouldn't be able to pick that from any number of other modern sports cars and I'd probably turn off the "overrun". The novelty would wear thin?

I'm trying hard to imagine myself in one when I'm old , but at this stage it's looking too clever for me.

I love the little pop.s on the overrun ,,I really like it ,,looks and performs as a Porsche should,,,at the end of the day this is the way it is going ,i think it is a positive direction :D

Yahoo, thanks Raven, I agree 100 pissant.   I think we are in the minority though.:D

Archived