WINDOW TINTING FOR CAYMANS

Niko

Just thinking about it at the moment....not sure if it would detract from the body design.

looking at a dark tint.

Anyone had their Cayman done?

IF so....who did you get to do it?   

What grade/shade of tint did you do?

Are you happy with the result?

Any photos you can post up?

like also to hear any comments as to ....to tint or not to tint!

Niko, personally I'm a fan of tint in Australia, our harsh sun destroys the interior of these cars - especially black cars. I've always used Tint a Car, primarily because they have good quality tint, typically 3M. I've had Octane on a few cars incl. my current daily that's a black Saab aero and it's good. For my silver carrera 4 I had a 3m tint that's just a shade lighter than octane and it looked good. 

Cayman wont be a tricky to tint and worst case scenario - you can always remove it if you really don't like it. Getting tint off is easy for a professional. 

I can take a pic of my Saab if you want to see the tint against black paint if that helps  

Dave

Thanks for the reply Dave.  

I have used Tint a Car previously on the family truck, but not with the Octane tint.

i would really like to see how the SAAB looks if you wouldn't mind posting up a photo.

thanks mate.

Thanks Brian, interesting that they (U.S. of A.) can have different percentages of tint on the various windows, They can even have tint on the front screen.:o 

I am starting to get convinced...;)

Cayman-S-2.jpg

IMG_1569.jpg

Hmmm....almost sold on it. :wub:  

Those big blocks the "goddammits" put either side of the rear number plate are bloody awful, and I wonder what the little gizmo on the roof above the rear lid is?

Niko, I know you like to be seen. I'd be careful about going too dark.  Having other drivers see you helps to let them know your intentions and see any subtle communications.   UV protection is high on my list of priorities.  After a few drives lately I've been getting truckers arm so window tint is on the agenda for me too. 

Or maybe it's a mount for a go pro or similar?   I agree with the blocks, why would they do that?

Those rubber blocks on the back are just bad......could that thing on the roof be an antenna..?.

Rubber blocks or whatever they are made of are bloody awful, why in the world would they do that?

I'm thinking maybe the gizmo on the roof may be a mount for a go pro or similar????

Niko had mine done at the Tint Professor in Hallam (they are next door to my office) they did a great job. Darkest legal on the side windows and darker on the rear hatch..

Is that darkest legal on a factory tinted window or clear glass ? I would imagine darkest legal over tinted glass would actually be too dark legally.

Niko had mine done at the Tint Professor in Hallam (they are next door to my office) they did a great job. Darkest legal on the side windows and darker on the rear hatch..

That looks pretty good Barks, I'm probably going to go with OCTANE from Tint A Car, didn't realise you can actually get different shades of tint for different windows.

I am still a bit concerned it may be a bit dark, but I will try and have a look from the inside of one already done and see what I think.

Night time driving is not a problem, it will only very rarely see the dark.

Is that darkest legal on a factory tinted window or clear glass ? I would imagine darkest legal over tinted glass would actually be too dark legally.

That's a good question Brian, I might make an enquiry with one of the Highway Patrol blokes, I got told the other day that someone in a reasonably new Beemer got a canary for the Octane which was supposedly to dark, so that might be the reason.....

That looks pretty good Barks, I'm probably going to go with OCTANE from Tint A Car, didn't realise you can actually get different shades of tint for different windows.

I am still a bit concerned it may be a bit dark, but I will try and have a look from the inside of one already done and see what I think.

Night time driving is not a problem, it will only very rarely see the dark.

That's a good question Brian, I might make an enquiry with one of the Highway Patrol blokes, I got told the other day that someone in a reasonably new Beemer got a canary for the Octane which was supposedly to dark, so that might be the reason.....

Niko, the only issue with dark tint, that I and others have found, is night reversing.  Very difficult to see as it really "blocks" the reversing lights.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Windows all tinted with "Octane Tint"  supposedly the darkest legal tint.  

I'm happy enough with the result but I would actually have liked it to be a tad darker.

But 'Da Law Is Da Law" I guess.

IMG_9933.jpg

IMG_9931.jpg

IMG_9930.jpg

IMG_9926.jpg

IMG_9925.jpg

IMG_9924.jpg

Archived