I'm sad to hear of this.

i was hoping to get my black 901 to meet yours on spoken about road trip to PI Historics.

glws

I was hoping for that to happen this weekend mate, but alas, I will miss it again! 

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers Murf. No stress with the picture

Its still with me mate. I have someone maybe looking at it later today (tyre kicker I reckon), and a couple of inquiries online, so there is a bit of interest

I'm sure there is mate, yet I'd never accept a cent without selling something, or working for it ;)

On a side note, I've fitted the new carbs yesterday and get it running tomorrow, with a view to send it to Buik Motorworks within a week or so.

I may also be ordering some new bits for it when I can, such as a decklid grille, new rear Porsche badge and some license plate lamps, as I'm not happy with them

• 4 weeks later...

Hi LeeM

Is the 912 still for sale?  I live in Adelaide and am interested in purchasing it.  How can I get in contact with you (I'm new to the forum)?

pm sent mate

Congrats .... (I think)  :unsure:

To the above poster?

No mate, another gent who happened to be at Buiks the same time as I was showing Steve (the above poster). Steve should come clean with what he is building at the moment too. Not many of them around! Over to you Steve :-)

Hey Lee, I trust it's gone to a good home, at the risk of being belted senseless....I can recommend 928 ownership as footloose and fancy free :D

Since we chatted last time, I'm still blown away at the coincidence of this, here is how I've seen it

2 Black 912 1966 cars, both LHD US cars, both end up in Australia, both restored, both a few digits apart on their serial numbers, both advertised at the same time, for similar money, and from what I heard from my mate that owns the one in QLD, also recently sold........did a butterly flap it's wings in sequence somewhere in the Amazon recently?? LOL

Good luck with your next adventure :)

Well done Lee. Sad, but must be a load off.

Now when are you going to start the thread 'my new 911?'

Patience grashopper ;)

It is sad (awaiting deposit confirmation) yet as ya know, it has to happen

@Robert930

It is one last number from ya mates car, so mine was probably looking at the other ones arse! Mine was $10k cheaper too, as I went over it thoroughly, and in my opinion was priced a bit too high

928's aren't in my sights bud (I do like them though) and there is a later 911 waiting for me, so I won't be without a Porsche

It was quite a bizarre experience at Buiks yesterday, as I had met new PFA member Steve there to look at my car and have a chat. We saw the Martini replica arrive (I lost my shit as I do with silver Porsche's! ) so we went and had a look at it. 

Craig at Buiks then told me a gent was asking for my contact details, as he saw my car there, so I went and had a chat and showed him around the car. He knew my car pretty well, as he has followed my build (I can't remember if it was on here or Facebook etc) I then gave him my bottom price which was agreed on, and details were exchanged. 

A very nice bloke who has owned an older 911 before, and I noticed his last name, which turns out I knew his brother well when I worked at Mitsubishi.  Weird, but thats Adelaide for ya!

As I say, I'm just awaiting deposit confirmation, and Buiks are doing a pre rego inspection check to ensure everything works correctly, then I will be installing some new bits and getting it registered for the new owner

Cheers Harvs. I dare say I'll not undertake another project like that again, yet I've learnt a fair bit about cars over the 3 years, so it has been beneficial for the future if I need to do a few things. All I hope is that the new owner will drive it and enjoy it for what it is, yet I'm sure he will. Glad he has bought it, and I'm happy to help him out in the future if required.

Mate, I'm busting to reveal all about the new one, yet I'll wait until it is paid for and in my shed, as I don't want to jinx myself  ;-) 

Archived