Ok then! Here we go

As much as it pains me to do this, I am in the unfortunate position to have to let go of my 912 within the next few weeks. 

All I will say here in public is that I am inviting expressions of interest, as the car is definitely for sale. Some PFA members have been notified prior to this ad being put up, as they have expressed an interest previously. 

Briefly. It has had a bare metal paint job,  floor pans replaced, and a fully rebuilt engine to 1720cc that is yet to be run in by one of the best Porsche engine builders in the country (receipts upon request). It retains most of the original interior and chromework that has not been restored/rechromed.

It isn't a concourse resto, nor have I professed it to be, so the car has its flaws here and there, but it is very original as far as I'm concerned. I could bang on about it, but I won't here.

With regards to the asking price (of which I'm sure you will all be rather inquisitive of) it is below that of the black 912 on carsales in Queensland, so please don't reply here asking what the price is, I would prefer that done privately. 

If anyone is 'seriously' interested, I strongly advise a personal inspection, that you know exactly what is on offer. I will be more than accommodating to advise what has been done and why. 

I have a photo collection since day one on my phone (most of it anyway) and a brief Youtube video I  can send you upon request.

All I ask, is that there be no tyre kickers please. This is a legitimate, yet very reluctant sale due to life circumstances changing. No trades thanks

Build thread here http://porscheforum.com.au/topic/2011-912/

Cheers

Lee in Adelaide

20160214_141740.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cheers lads, though its not all doom and gloom. I just need to 'diversify my assets' (ha!) For the bastard ATO. There is another Porsche on the horizon soon, albeit a much cheaper one! :(

Cheers lads, though its not all doom and gloom. I just need to 'diversify my assets' (ha!) For the bastard ATO. There is another Porsche on the horizon soon, albeit a much cheaper one! :(

Maybe sell it without actually selling it. if you know what I mean.

More than I thought it would be mate, as I'm a bit attached to it now

Thought I'd also post here that I am fitting some new carbs this weekend (hopefully) and it will be sent to Buik Motorworks for a tune and general safety check within a week or so. Should anyone interested want a full PPI at their cost, let me know via pm, and I'll see what I can arrange

Although I have not seen Lee's car in the flesh it checks out a lot of the big ticket items on these cars. I actually went up to QLD to view the other 912 as I too have been interested in Lee's car and thought it would provide a good basis for comparison. All I will say is that I believe Lee's car to be the better car and if anyone is thinking about picking up a SWB early Porsche they need waste no time in getting on a plane to SA. 

I'm disappointed that its not me who will be taking this car home but something else came up unexpectedly. However the fact remains that Lee's car is a great opportunity to early Porsche ownership without the huge price tag. For example, if this car was a matching no. with a flat 6 in it it would be at least 4-5 (maybe even 6!) times the price. I couldn't justify the $$ and after doing my homework found that the 912 had everything I wanted in an early 911 but at a price I could afford to drive it. 

All the best for the sale Lee and it would be great if the car remained on our shores or better yet with a fellow PFA'er! 

Hugh. 

Thanks mate, I appreciate your comments

Must say it is a shame it's not you after the chats, as you're the type of Porsche guy I would like to own the car, yet I totally understand your position, and all the very best to you for it.

I also hope it stays in Australia! ;)

(not wanting to hijack the thread)

But yes............watercooled good. If it wasn't for this I'd be on a plane to SA as we speak! 

so don't keep us guessing...

gen 1 boxter with GT2 body kit?

so don't keep us guessing...

gen 1 boxter with GT2 body kit?

just saw your FB post - nice one 

Hi Lee I'm really interested in this car is it Australian delivered do you have all books with full stamps and receipts from the concourse restoration and full profile of every single past owner including baby pictures of them I don't have all the money now but I'd like you to drive it to Sydney so I can test drive it at Bondi Beach on Sunday and then if I get the finance and then if my wife says it's okay and then if I check back on this forum and it still appears the bubble hasn't burst and then if I don't find something else I like better I will consider offering you 60% of what your asking if you can please bring it back up to Sydney.

..... or maybe you should just keep it buddy ....

Archived