Lucky Barn Find

Hi guys, I have literally just signed up to this forum after scouring the web last night until some unearthly hour trying to determine the cost of a 911T.

I have been a long time fan of Porsche and always thought I'd own one "one day"...

Ironically, those dreams keep getting put on hold as the family grows and we started to look for a larger house to live in. Being the good father, we went to a property just listed and inside the garage, (the agent had to smash open the door) of the deceased estate was...

A 911T LHD with about an inch of dust AND.... an Austin Healey 3000 in the same condition.

The agent has confirmed that the sale of the property, "as is..." That means that the cars come with it...

Realistically, these cars look like they will need a fair bit of work, so my question is... what would they be worth as is and should I consider an offer over my budget if it secures the cars?? 

One last question is... The Porsche has a badge misspelling on the rear. It spells PORSEH and there isn't any evidence of repaint, tampering etc that I could tell... Any ideas?

Thanks Luckduk...

IMG_1728.jpg

IMG_1727.jpg

your name says it all.   Firstly welcome to our forum. 

can't help you with why the Porsche name has been tampered with or why someone would do that.....but what a great find, on both cars.

This is what you read about happening to other people all the time.

Both being LHD's....but if they are all in one piece I would be trying my best to secure them....

Any chance of some more photos?   Can you pop the bonnets etc?

The previous owner of the house could have some interesting history.

And last question what State are you in (and I don't mean are you pissed):P

Welcome ..... agree on the great first post comment.

Both cars being LHD is great if you want to sell them and recoupe some money ..... much bigger market O/S and those 2 x older examples would sell like hotcakes....

BUT ..... thats assuming they are complete, original and are or can be running. Parts and labor costs can and do blow out very quickly and can end up being a total drain on the wallet as well as take out any real profit.

It's very easy to get all excited at a time like this and think irrationally ..... unfortunately it's not easy and would be a little irresponsible to answer this one without knowing a LOT more about what those cars really are.

Yeah, yeah ...... the voice of reason ..... but hey, someone has to be!

Great first post!  Welcome.  Put a big lock on that shed door and make an offer. An intact 911T will surely pay back.

Niko, get out your oija board and see what the previous owner has to say ?

Apart from the porker, and I'm definitely not a fan of A.H.s either but I am pretty sure that particular model is well sought after.

Arrgghh why can't I have one of those barn finds.......

I'm no expert on AH cars either but you would think there would be an owners forum? Think we all dream of opening a door like that and discovering a P car in any condition!! Be interested to see more photos! Good luck, I'm guessing you are in nsw? 

Find who the owner of the property now is and get them on the phone.  Make a realistic but keen offer on both cars and worry about the property later.

if I were you I wouldn't have posted this until you had ownership tied up.  

Even though its missing the badge, the Healey is a 3000 probably a MKIII as it has the chrome door strip and door handles. These are a handful to drive and not very reliable but can get good money for them, possibly use the cash for the 911T resto   or put it up for sale on this forum :rolleyes:  that is if you are lucky enough to acquire them.

Hmmmm with no further postings by LD I'm starting to think you may be on the right track there.  

Next it'll be no father Christmas, no Easter Bunny, no tooth fairy, the world is buggered...

Let me guess.

LD can't come up with the money for the house and the cars but really wants the house. Therefore the cars are for sale separately and if you want to get in quick you can send him 10K to pass onto the agent to lock in the sale for you.

I'm thinking more along the lines of .....

Holy Crap! ..... what have I done. I've just told everyone about a house for sale with cars included and now everyone is going to start searching for it.

Shoulda kept my mouth shut until I'd tied it all up .... now, if I just ignore it, they might all go away and forget about it.

OR ...... you could be right .....

Archived