Wevo WTB

LeeM

had one for a while, but changed it for a factory setup,  I found it easier to find gears with the standard and factory short shift 

for me, the best setup is a short shift or standard stick with a gate kit and fresh bushes 

Anyone have a Wevo shifter they are looking at selling to suit 1978 SC? 

Pm or call/text 0407 942 151

Cheers, Lee

Why not buy a new one and get the style, length and colour that you want.

BTW, it's for a 915 gearbox.  Year and model doesn't come into it. 

http://wevo.com/Products/ShifterProducts/WevoShifterProducts_Shifter-915All.htm

Lee. Lee. Lee.

New seats. Harness. Now shift kit.

You've tipped over the edge of that slippery "I'll only change a few things" slope.

Reading my mind are ya? :-) It can be a slippery slope.

I was always going to do some small mods with this car to personalise it for me, as it's relatively cheap. I've sold and traded some bits to be able to buy what I want to do, yet I have a strict budget that I won't go over, or just have to be more patient......probably! 

• 1 month later...

Lee. Lee. Lee.

New seats. Harness. Now shift kit.

You've tipped over the edge of that slippery "I'll only change a few things" slope.

dude's got the sickness well and truly

I have a Wevo short shifter in my 76. The long version, it changed my shifting experience from woeful to delightful simply because of the spring loading towards the 3-4 plane and the reverse lockout. Nothing destroys an engine quicker than downshifting from 4th to 1st! The other thing I've done is had my 915 rebuilt, now that was a great investment. Drives like a 40 year old Porsche would have done around 30 years ago. I would recommend the long stick Wevo any day. Not sure how those gate shifters would go unless your shift linkage was perfectly set up and stayed that way?

http://www.jwesteng.com/shop/transmission-911/12-rennshift-performance-shifter.htm

This is what I wanted for the 930 but wasn't available at the time, so I bought a Wevo.  Even with the worn out gearbox it made a big improvement with no more accidental reverse.

Bob Wymm is the Australian agent for Wevo or that is where Wevo directed me.  Whether that is exclusive, I don't know.

Both systems are around the same price.

Archived