Wanted: Porsche 924 banger

TrevMcRev

Lexus quad cam should fix that... There's one in QLD 

as for traction stand start spins... it's sideways through a dirty corner that I'm thinking Trev is heading ... buy the caged car then a shitter complete car and then some 944/928 component upgrades in the suspension braking areas . See you in 2 years 

I've got left over 944 suspension bits - and some other stuff avail.

Historic rallying is the way to go with the full cage shell Trev.

Aporsha Part have had an S1 manual coupe for a little while, little rough around the edges but only $1500.00 could be a good base. 

I looked at it edgy, shook their hand on it at $1500 a few days ago but they rang back and reneged because someone else came to look at it after me so they decided to let the auction run. Ad said it starts and runs but it doesn't... Hope the winning bidder is happy that it doesn't start or run as advertised.... She's a roughy alright! That's why I started this thread. Even though it only went for $1625 I weren't going to start a bidding war on a car I already had made a deal on on principle. Silly, I'm local, live and work in the same suburb as them and likely would have spent 5 times the price of the car on parts with them over time... But they got an extra $125!

But they got an extra $125!

wow, really.  Maybe if someone gazumped you with a belated king hit bid, say 3k+ you'd be disappointed but probably more understanding but for $125 more...?   Dealers always say they want to look after locals when selling cars so they can lock in ongoing service revenue.  You'd reckon these guys would take a similar view.  Now they are getting flogged on PFA, how's that working out for them....

I looked at it edgy, shook their hand on it at $1500 a few days ago but they rang back and reneged because someone else came to look at it after me so they decided to let the auction run. Ad said it starts and runs but it doesn't... Hope the winning bidder is happy that it doesn't start or run as advertised.... She's a roughy alright! That's why I started this thread. Even though it only went for $1625 I weren't going to start a bidding war on a car I already had made a deal on on principle. Silly, I'm local, live and work in the same suburb as them and likely would have spent 5 times the price of the car on parts with them over time... 

Wow, shit story. sorry to hear! We tried to buy parts from them during the re-commisioning on my one, took days to respond, had to chase them down and just pricey... I'd of hoped for better.

But they got an extra $125!

Which they will give most back to eBay in fees! 

That is not right, ethics and morals go out the door to make a buck. And then they wonder why their reputation suffers....

The power of social media can have a dire effect on a business

Archived