MK 1 GT3

Skidmarks

I have a friend who is restoring a couple of MK1 GT3's (ex Nations Cup cars) and needs front and rear PU's, rear boot lid and wing.

He's also interested in a MK1 engine.  He has one from a later model in it now.

PM me if you have anything or have a lead.  

I have a friend who is restoring a couple of MK1 GT3's (ex Nations Cup cars) and needs front and rear PU's, rear boot lid and wing.

He's also interested in a MK1 engine.  He has one from a later model in it now.

PM me if you have anything or have a lead.  

Is he restoring them to original including livery? has he got Greg Keene's old car? haven't seen it since it was sold off 

The ex Bradbury car? 

No thats the TNT car

He is but not Keenes car, Peter Fitz's. 

Hes also looking for a Mk 1 engine. Currently it has a 997 Cup motor in it. 

I had a good look at the ex Peter Fitz's car a few months ago it needs a bit of work to get back to original as you probably know

I still would like to track down Keene's old car & buy it as i spent a lot of time working on it back in Nations Cup. In fact we had 2 MK1 GT3's in the team one was a spare & also used for tarmac rallies I believe they were the first 2 to be delivered to OZ

Wish I bought that thing!  Had no idea it had that donk in it!

It was for sale for a very long time...

No thats the TNT car

If your referring to the 'Falken' ex Peter Fitz car, sold out of WA, that's been sitting at Cascone - its previous owner was George Bradbury. The ad is still up on My 105; http://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/p/1/k/porsche gt3/id/15161

It was resprayed silver and advertised on my 105 for ages, then painted to the 'Falken' colours. Strangely, it was listed on My 105 at the same time in both forms at 2 different prices! 

Yeah I kept looking at it and looking at it online thinking that being road register-able it would make a pretty wild car to put back on the road, not necessarily returned to stock, but as close to a road going race car you could make it.  Maybe do some tarmac rallies in it... I think one that is a bit wild with race history would be a damn cool car, you could have some serious fun in it without being too precious about it

But as Hugh says below, it was kind of strangely advertised, I saw both cars but didn't realise they were the same, and no idea about the running gear in it.

I guess that's online shopping for you...if you're serious get on the phone, find out the details, and make the call on it.

If your referring to the 'Falken' ex Peter Fitz car, sold out of WA, that's been sitting at Cascone - its previous owner was George Bradbury. The ad is still up on My 105; http://www.my105.com/ListingDetails/p/1/k/porsche gt3/id/15161

It was resprayed silver and advertised on my 105 for ages, then painted to the 'Falken' colours. Strangely, it was listed on My 105 at the same time in both forms at 2 different prices! 

Anyone know how many of the original 90 Aus delivered 996 MK1 GT3's were used in 1999/2000 Nations Cup series? 

Could be upto 10 were used I have a few photos from back then, when I get back from Europe I'll go through the photos & start a new thread on it... We are a bit off topic, anyone have the bits that's skids is after?

that looks awesome in race colours with those white race wheel - says its road registered,  could you imagine driving that around, talk about cop bait, but cool as never the less

sorry - I perpetuated the thread deviation 

@Skidmarks try Nick @ Cascone as he has a few clients with ex nations cup Mk1's. The falken car mentioned above was purchased by one of his clients and it came with a heap of spares including 2 boot lids. Maybe worth a shot. 

No thats the TNT car

I had a good look at the ex Peter Fitz's car a few months ago it needs a bit of work to get back to original as you probably know

I still would like to track down Keene's old car & buy it as i spent a lot of time working on it back in Nations Cup. In fact we had 2 MK1 GT3's in the team one was a spare & also used for tarmac rallies I believe they were the first 2 to be delivered to OZ

The other TNT car may be for sale as well. 

that looks awesome in race colours with those white race wheel - says its road registered,  could you imagine driving that around, talk about cop bait, but cool as never the less

sorry - I perpetuated the thread deviation 

That's the car ....

@Skidmarks try Nick @ Cascone as he has a few clients with ex nations cup Mk1's. The falken car mentioned above was purchased by one of his clients and it came with a heap of spares including 2 boot lids. Maybe worth a shot. 

Thanks Hugh. It's actually that same customer that's looking for the bits. I sold him some stuff as well. He has a couple of ex race GT3 Mk 1's. 

That's the car ....

Thanks Hugh. It's actually that same customer that's looking for the bits. I sold him some stuff as well. He has a couple of ex race GT3 Mk 1's. 

I very nearly bought this car, would have been a hoot driving around the streets with a sequential box shooting flames! I'll let you know if I come across any other parts. 

I'm the current owner of the TNT ex Nations Cup car which I bought off Lex Lasry a few years ago. I've been told multiple times (although can't confirm) that it was the first GT3 imported into Australia in mid 1999 & it was immediately converted into a race car. It's only done 19,000 km's, never bent, fully road registered & has the original TNT livery (the car is silver under the wrap). I've been using an SC for tarmac rally's & will be taking the GT3 to Targa High Country at the end of the year.....it's just over 1300kg, 400+ HP so to be honest I'm a bit nervous !! Happy to report back if people are interested...

Cheers, Matt

• 3 months later...

As a follow up to my post in July I ran the TNT ex Nations Cup car at Targa High Country last weekend. The car hasn't been used competitively for a number of years & going into the event I'd only driven it a couple of times so was justifiably nervous & respectful. This years Targa High Country had it all......day one was sunny, day two was raining & day three was snowing !! The car however was sensational & I'm convinced that the move from classic (in a 911SC) to early modern was the right one. My navigator & I loved the experience of the GT3 & the car seemed to enjoy being driven as intended. I was also delighted that numerous spectators approached me to take photo's & appreciated that the car maintains its original livery / specification as raced by Peter Bradbury almost 20 years ago. By the completion of the event we came 9th in our category & on the final stage did a personal best up Mount Buller in 10:44. By our humble standards the weekend was a great success......a big thanks to Shaun Cairns of WerksRRR for getting us on the road safely !!

TNT will now be a regular sight in tarmac rally & spend as little time in the garage as possible.....

Cheers, Matt

788 - TS7-Mirimbah 2-MY-(ZF-10293-78326-1-002) copy.jpg

Archived