Porsche Club - Why join?

D2000

Mainlanders have reciprocal club rights with the Tas club. We are having a Symmons Plains raceway drive day next month ; fast laps , slow laps , ladies laps , autocross - all for ~$75 including CAMS m'ship for the day and lunch. Dunno what you guys pay,  but it's pretty good value on the island..

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today has been it's usual wide, wide range of music

Currently - Hacktivist (British rap metal)

Others played today

Spirals (Sydney Electronic, EDM and 2 friends from Uni), The Prodigy, Linkin Park, Royal Blood (english rock), The Killers, Richard Ashcroft, Nine Inch Nails, Lorde and finally, Kate Tempest (English rap/poet)

If that isn't a broad enough church for you, my Spotify account ranges from Pink Floyd and Leonard Cohen, through Oasis and Suede to Eminem and Florence and the Machine!

You might not find much Beiber, Britney or Kanye;)

I don't even know what you are talking about.

Mainlanders have reciprocal club rights with the Tas club. We are having a Symmons Plains raceway drive day next month ; fast laps , slow laps , ladies laps , autocross - all for ~$75 including CAMS m'ship for the day and lunch. Dunno what you guys pay,  but it's pretty good value on the island..

curious, how many members do you have in tassie?

Thats a bit rude mate. I'm sure many of them are allowed out of the home now and again ;) 

Rare pic of the Autohaus Tassie drive day. On the way to the Bingo from memory. 

renntransportporsche02%201_zpsd2y4opeo.j

Tomnus you often make me chuckle with your comments .... mostly with you;) You've been quiet, Where is your dirty lefthanded mistress??? Have you run off with her???

that seems like outstanding value. The club here don't do happy laps and seem very keen on getting people into Motorsport proper whereas most owners just want to stretch their car once or twice a year and in a safe and controlled environment. To echo most others here, this place has had the best club like drives and events (skid pans etc). Well worth the $25 bucks and much nicer t-shirts (if only there was a hat!)

Thats a bit rude mate. I'm sure many of them are allowed out of the home now and again ;) 

Rare pic of the Autohaus Tassie drive day. On the way to the Bingo from memory. 

renntransportporsche02%201_zpsd2y4opeo.j

Which seat were you in..... :P

I joined pcnsw when I first got my car and went to a couple of social drives but it was very awkward and people weren't very friendly so I let my membership lapse. I don't know if it is because I was 25 at the time or if it was because my car isn't a 911 but it wasn't a great experience.

Joined again this year for the motorkhana and so far it has been completely different. The vast majority of people are really nice and friendly so not sure what has changed. We tried going on the social drive to Rennsport but it wasn't very enjoyable so will just stick to the motorsport side of things. Does anyone know of any other car clubs that have regular motorkhanas? 

When I visited Ireland , I bought some cocaine from Limerick, but I was annoyed that the third and fourth lines were shorter than the others.

There once was a young lady named bright

Whose speed was much faster than light
She set out one day
In a relative way
And returned on the previous night.

There once was a young lady named bright

Whose speed was much faster than light
She set out one day
In a relative way
And returned on the previous night.

I love the BBC’s programmes about space and time...I hope they continuum.

I have been a member of the PCNSW since around 2005 and i have to say i have really enjoyed it. I don't really get out to do their social runs but we do love the motorsport side of things. 5 sprints and 4 motokhanans a year, along with the Porsche/BMW challenge annually held at SMP on the GP circuit and they have a presentation lunch towards the end. 

Out of all the track days and sprints that we have run they are by far the most safe. They are very smart with their timing and positioning of cars on track. There are usually 6 groups with 10-12 cars per group, group 1 being the fastest and 5 being the slowest with 6 as a new group for newbies. The newbies can change from this group into a timed group any time they want. Each driver nominates a personal best time for the circuit and is put in order, this is basically there to help prevent overtaking and or baulking of another drivers lap. This is supersprinting not door to door racing and is all about the best time you can do if you want to be compete competitively. Some of the track days we have done in the past with other clubs or privateers are just down right dangerous with an open track. seeing 356's on the track at the same time as a cup is asking for trouble. Not only that but we also have the fire brigade and ambulance on site for every Sprint.

To be honest the club has not always been as friendly as it is today, back in the early days when i joined there were a few people in charge that did try to segregate the club into new expensive cars and old cars. But thanks to the previous Club captain Tim Bickford and current captain Mark Bloxham that just doesn't exist anymore.

Sean

Archived