$5000 Reward / Finder's Fee - 911E Engine / Motor # 6210158

$5000 REWARD!!!!   THIS IS REAL!!!!!!!

I am looking for Engine #6210158, which is the matching numbers engine for my 1971 911E.

If you can find the engine (in any condition or any country!), and I purchase the engine from the owner, I'll pay you $5000 COLD HARD CASH! 

If you find my engine case, you still get $5000! Crazy!

My 911E is a Californian car and was imported into Australia in the early 1980s. 

I hope you find the engine!!!!!!!

Cheers

Jono

MVC+476F1161144384.jpg

That's a nice offer! Have you been in touch with the typ901 group? They maybe able to help you with some leads. 

All the best for the search! 

Great idea. Thanks mate. 

Indeed a generous offer. But beware re-stamped case fraud. Ensure if found , the engine has paperwork history.

Absolutely! My 911E already has a later model 3.0L engine that was restamped by NSW Police following insurance fraud by the PO. I think one fraudulent engine is enough for me. :)

There's a dude in Wantirna who breaks 911's, not sure of his name but I do recall he's been around for many many years, so it may be worth hunting him down and asking if he has it. Long shot, but gotta be worth a go.

There's a dude in Wantirna who breaks 911's, not sure of his name but I do recall he's been around for many many years, so it may be worth hunting him down and asking if he has it. Long shot, but gotta be worth a go.

Mike Tankard? 

Mike Tankard? 

That name doesn't ring a bell. When I was after some bits for mine his details came up on gumtree, a few photos of what is clearly a warehouse full of 911's in various states of undress, many up on racks. I remember reading that this chap is particularly hard to get hold of, seems to work very odd hours.

David Jenej and he moved to Scorsby

His name is David, I have purchased from him in the past. Though he is hard to get hold of.

That name doesn't ring a bell. When I was after some bits for mine his details came up on gumtree, a few photos of what is clearly a warehouse full of 911's in various states of undress, many up on racks. I remember reading that this chap is particularly hard to get hold of, seems to work very odd hours.

Mike Tankard? 

Gents - a collective thanks for the lead. I actually met David a couple of weeks ago - he bought a 3.2L engine off me.  He is a bloody nice bloke!  Unfortunately, he doesn't have my engine. I checked! 

David Janej Contact Details

Just for everyone's benefit, David Janej is a fantastic second hand parts supplier and an all round great bloke to deal with.

I confirm he is now located in Scorseby, Victoria and his best contact number is 0419 130 077. 

if I can't reach him on my first call, I usually just send him a short SMS. 

My 911E Engine

Has anyone had any luck finding my 911E engine yet? ?

Thanks mate. Ash and I have spoken several times. His engine is 80 numbers off my original engine. So close, yet so far away. 

Do you know if that engine made to Aus with the car when imported?

Or could it still be in Cali?

Hi Trev

I tried to chase down the old import approval papers via the Department of Infrastructure.  They couldn't find the papers identifying the engine in the imported car. 

So the engine could hav made it here. Or might still be in Cali.  But I strongly suspect it is here because he car underwent its RADICAL transformation in Australia. I reckon the PO chucked in the worked 3.0L during the transformation. 

The state registration papers would be better than the import approval.  You could ask the previously registered state if the engine number changed during rego.   Assuming that is, that it had continuous registration. If you found a change in number in a specific state, that would give you a starting point for where the switch happened.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

$5000 REWARD!!!!   THIS IS REAL!!!!!!!

I am looking for Engine #6210158, which is the matching numbers engine for my 1971 911E.

If you can find the engine (in any condition or any country!), and I purchase the engine from the owner, I'll pay you $5000 COLD HARD CASH! 

If you find my engine case, you still get $5000! Crazy!

My 911E is a Californian car and was imported into Australia in the early 1980s. 

I hope you find the engine!!!!!!!

Cheers

Jono

MVC+476F1161144384.jpg

On the hunt for you mate. I have a knack for finding the seemingly impossible. See how we go. ?

On the hunt for you mate. I have a knack for finding the seemingly impossible. See how we go. ?

Thanks mate, but I very unfortunately had to sell the 911E project - I was on the brink of being permanently thrown out of the house by my wife due to my propensity to buy project cars and bikes without her permission....  

But I am sure @P-Kay (he is the lucky new owner that snapped up my project) would be stoked if you found this engine. 

Archived