928 Racecar

TINGY

For those that are interested I got approached by a fella yesterday who has a 78 928 race car which he has just imported from the USA and he would sell it if anyone is interested, I have all his contact details if anyone has an interest in it.

For those that are interested I got approached by a fella yesterday who has a 78 928 race car which he has just imported from the USA and he would sell it if anyone is interested, I have all his contact details if anyone has an interest in it.

Stephen, we thought you were considering that track weapon for yourself, there was some interest starting for the 944 that may have had to move on to fund it......

Stephen, we thought you were considering that track weapon for yourself, there was some interest starting for the 944 that may have had to move on to fund it......

Haha, no not for me but something track focused in the future for sure.

• 2 months later...

The lime green 911 is still my favourite though, jaysus that thing is rapid B)

Geoff Morgan in the lime green 2.7 Carrera.

Tim Lynas in the 928 first meeting for the car. Couple of little issues on Friday but still settling in. Wasn't as quick as I thought it would be.

Cams Group S eligibility dude picking on him already. :angry:

Couple of little issues on Friday but still settling in. Wasn't as quick as I thought it would be.

Cams Group S eligibility dude picking on him already. :angry:

It's probably always going to struggle being the 4.5 litre and fairly low compression, a shame you cannot use the 4.7 S version.... what mods are allowed in SC?

It's probably always going to struggle being the 4.5 litre and fairly low compression, a shame you cannot use the 4.7 S version.... what mods are allowed in SC?

You can fiddle with engines/gbox/diff a bit. Cant change suspension location, pick up points etc but can play with springs/shock setting ok. Brakes standard - pads free.

I reckon you could get them to go a bit but it's the old story. How fast do want to go? Just add lightness (legally of course) ^_^ and $$$$$$$$$$$$

Yep I watched it come in up the back somewhere (lime green sc (or carrera?) won the race) @28 is dark green and gold front, still rockin the teledials. I'll post a pick later if time

I saw this car at Buiks here in Adelaide last week when I was picking up my GT3. I overheard that it's dry sumped, it looked awesome!

I saw this car at Buiks here in Adelaide last week when I was picking up my GT3. I overheard that it's dry sumped, it looked awesome!

Key to a track 928 is dry sumping as deathly oil surge in long radius corners kill 'em dead. Tim's car had a HUGE tank in the back with associated plumbing and a perspex divider screen to keep in in back. Not sure if dry sumps are legal for group S though.

Tim has been recommissioning that car for a while.  It is currently running a stock engine.

There is (at least) 2 other 4.5 928's being prepared for Group S as well.  One just landed in Melbourne from the UK, which was previously doing well in a similar UK historics series, and another being built in the ACT.

Cool things to have on our grid!

Archived