Gents - before this devolves further, how about the guys who indicated theyre happy to push an event along, do so off forum then come back with some thoughts.

bottom line for my thinking and irrespective of timing, is the 'map of Tazzie' event by virtue of time distance is a fairly bespoke and more rarefied offering - albeit I expect a huge hoot.

So whilst great to manage activities as best as able, to maximise drive time,  experience suggests there's no best or better time. 

I think there's more than ample room in the calendar for Tazzie and others to occur and possibly within the same window.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Being a veteran of 2.5 ACT SMT's I would like to think the tradition continues in some form. ACT is a great choice being half way between north and south, not to mention the vip treatment at the Mercure. The beers and bs are well worth the drive.   

There are enough Vic members to share the organising of accommodation and a route so that Niko and co.  aren't left running the show each year.   If the northerners can set a date I'm sure there'll be a convoy headed north.  This is a great opportunity for some new faces to enjoy a great weekend of driving and drivel, all it needs is a willing volunteer to help run it.  

And for those of us who can't make it to ACT, or want to try a new adventure, there's plenty of weekends and many roads to explore. 

Being a veteran of 2.5 ACT SMT's I would like to think the tradition continues in some form. ACT is a great choice being half way between north and south, not to mention the vip treatment at the Mercure. The beers and bs are well worth the drive.   

There are enough Vic members to share the organising of accommodation and a route so that Niko and co.  aren't left running the show each year.   If the northerners can set a date I'm sure there'll be a convoy headed north.  This is a great opportunity for some new faces to enjoy a great weekend of driving and drivel, all it needs is a willing volunteer to help run it.  

And for those of us who can't make it to ACT, or want to try a new adventure, there's plenty of weekends and many roads to explore. 

Yeah I'm sure their is more than enough people to help organize a weekend away and include a few more who haven't been on this weekend before

Well said Harvs, fully agree with your comments.    

Be great if the tradition we started can be continued, it is becoming bigger than Ben Hur, be sad to lose the momentum.

If anyone wants to put their hand up to kick the 2017 Canberra SMT event off, from down here in Mexico, we (the previous organisers) are only too happy to assist in any way we can. 

GENTS - as previously mentioned . Myself and some of the local lads have picked up the exhaust tip and are meeting to talk about next year - Canberra 2017. We are thinking a slightly revised format.

SO anyone from Vic or north of Canberra who want to collaborate on this  get in contact with me 

Cheers 

Perhaps it's time I put my head up...

I've been sussing out a lot of roads around Tumbarumba with a view of putting together a 3 or 4 day event in the not too distant future.  I am happy to continue to assist with either a new run or the existing Canberra run which I've led the past 3 years.

Cheers!

I am more than happy to help out again in 2017 to ensure our interstate brethren are kept entertained and under close supervision whilst in the ACT; well maybe not so much Court ordered supervision if Niko & Harvs are not attending :P

I do agree with Niko and with an unexpected record 41 cars with 53 people turning up at this years photo-shoot, run & lunch, I would hate to see us lose the momentum this activity has gained over the last few years.

So team if you can get your heads together and let us know your dates ASAP the Aircooled Kollektiv will sort out some interesting entertainment at this end, no matter how few may attend :)

I am more than happy to help out again in 2017 to ensure our interstate brethren are kept entertained and under close supervision whilst in the ACT; well maybe not so much Court ordered supervision if Niko & Harvs are not attending :P

March/April is already looking busy but I haven't ruled this one out yet. 

• 4 weeks later...

GENTS despite tits best efforts,  the 'run to the CanBra  2017' will continue 

DATE 10-13 March 2017 

A new thread will be started for those who remain interested.

2016 saw approx 50 people and almost as many cars in attendance - 2017 can only  promise more ....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived