GT4 - at last

mhh

My new car arrived this week. I hadn't driven a GT4 until delivery so it's interesting getting familiar with it. After the GT3 RS, it feels slow but also more involving. It's nice to have a gear lever again. I'm waiting to get paint film on before giving it a decent fang but I think I'm going to like this one. :)

image.jpeg-59017.0.html.jpg

May I be the first to say, hell yes! .Gorgeous car. As I've said to the other GT4 owners here, please look after it so I've got good example to buy before my Super kicks in. 

Oh,and please drive it...lots. Would be great to post an ownership update after you have a few kays under your belt. 

Would be great to post an ownership update after you have a few kays under your belt. 

For sure. I'm planning to take it to Tasmania for a weekend in November. I think it will like it down there.

My original plan was to spec it with few options to make it easy to get my money back if I flipped it. Then I decided to option it exactly as I wanted it so I went crazy - PCCB, PCM, Sport Chrono, ClubSport, leather, CF interior, 918-style buckets, DAB, etc etc.  I hope your super payout is a healthy one. :P

Looks hot ..Im sure Tassie will suck you in…. especially in that car ;)   Now behave or should I say misbehave..enjoy..

Can you just leave it Devonport when your done and I will pick it up and have a loan for a week before you put it back on the boat :)  After you put some film on it .

Comparisons between your 918, 991 GT3 RS & now the GT4 would be really interesting. I'll put my money on the GT4 giving you the biggest smile, big call but they are an amazing package.

The biggest fright will stay with the GT3 and the hardest gentleman sausage can stay with the 918. :D

Your my hero. ;)

Definitely the right colour choice! :D

Another white one in Adelaide... I think that's 4 now.

WirthO, I went metallic white - for a bit of variety. :P

Comparisons between your 918, 991 GT3 RS & now the GT4 would be really interesting. I'll put my money on the GT4 giving you the biggest smile, big call but they are an amazing package.

The biggest fright will stay with the GT3 and the hardest gentleman sausage can stay with the 918. :D

Your my hero. ;)

I took it for a quick squirt in the Hills. I think it's more fun than the RS, though obviously not as quick. The size helps and the driving zone is somehow more intimate. It's softer and smoother than the RS and more a road car compared to the RS which feels more track than road (to me). 

I'm back in the UK next weekend to refresh my memory but the 918 can't really be compared to the others as I'm on different roads etc.

Congratulations Mark. I am sure you will love it

best wishes

chris

Chris, you are right! :)

Looks hot ..Im sure Tassie will suck you in…. especially in that car ;)   Now behave or should I say misbehave..enjoy..

Can you just leave it Devonport when your done and I will pick it up and have a loan for a week before you put it back on the boat :)  After you put some film on it .

I'll get back to you on that one symsy. :P

mhh I went the Carrara white too :o

I went the buckets also, however I didn't get the half cage though. 

Looks like you have a nice collection :D

Congratulations I am sure you will love the car as I do! Surprised you didn't purchase the 911R looking at your collection.

WirthO, I went metallic white - for a bit of variety. :P

I took it for a quick squirt in the Hills. I think it's more fun than the RS, though obviously not as quick. The size helps and the driving zone is somehow more intimate. It's softer and smoother than the RS and more a road car compared to the RS which feels more track than road (to me). 

I'm back in the UK next weekend to refresh my memory but the 918 can't really be compared to the others as I'm on different roads etc.

Chris, you are right! :)

I'll get back to you on that one symsy. :P

Ok  dont mess about about with that German Garage of Envy ..bring two cars to Tassie ..or three even , I will keep one warmed up whilst you test the other …for a decent back to back review… in between we will go get lunch in an english pub lunch in the Aston.. :)

Ah damn I just realised you mentioned next week or the week after.. I will be in the UK myself,  one of those toys on some nice Kent country lanes would be intresting , but I somehow think the hedgerows would be scared.. its a long time since I get to be propelled down those little roads thats soon become green tunnels of roads in a fast Porsche, hmm you got me thinking , I have a clean UK license now or will they be more leniant with an Aussie one ..

Congrats Mark, hopefully catch you and the car at an SMT at some stage. 

Well done on securing an R too...I can't imagine there would be too many of those coming to Australia! Maybe you need a 997 RS 4.0 as well, just to round out the Porsche section of the stable ;)

Archived