Am going to join Hugh (check event promo) as entrant, he is in the Sprint. 

I will be in the new Hillclimb event at the top of the hill in Eastern Park (Competition starts 11am each day)

- come and say Hello if coming down.

I was invited as a featured car  (66 Barracuda) and was going to be parked with Hugh's 911. I couldn't end up getting time of work to get the car down from Sydney  etc. Im bummed I couldn't be there. Enjoy.

Damn man.........would have been great to meet you and admire that car of yours! 

Anyone heading down tomorrow (Saturday) morning. Thinking of making a day of it, leave early-ish. Happy to meet anywhere on the way from Ringwood to the city.  

Keen - can meet anywhere from Hoddle St to Geelong.

What about the servo at the Westgate Bridge? What time are you thinking?

Any time really.

Caught up with Hugh really enjoying the event - such a variety of cars. Some excitement over the weekend with an Ariel Atom exploding it's rear end in the tyre warm up.

The Hill Climb was a difficult but rewarding drive. One driver hit barriers twice over the weekend which slowed things up. Unfortunately another car hit a tyre bundle and rolled but driver OK.

I just want to thank the volunteers,Geelong Council, Revival staff and Motorsport Solutions staff who ran the event. They did such a great job in firstly planning and getting approvals and making changes suggested by drivers to make the event as safe as possible. I am sure it was enjoyed as much by the public as it was by the drivers and hope it grows bigger and better each year.

Check out photo gallery -   http://geelongrevival.com.au/wp/index.php/photography-gallery/

Archived