Has Anyone Built Their Own Toolkit

Steve88

Hi guys my SC didn't come with a factory tool kit and I was looking at collecting the parts to put one together myself.

Not fussed on date stamps , made in ?? type of stuff just looking for the right parts to get me out of trouble but hopefully will never have to use it but would be crazy not to have one on board. 

What do you guys keep in your kits ? Fuses ? Jumper cables ? 

Also what brand tire compressor do you pack ? Where did you get it ? 

I dont want to spend big bucks and would hopefully be able to grab most stuff from Super Cheap 

Many thanks in advance 

Easy. SCs never break down. A spare fuel pump relay and you're good to go :)

you don't even need that. Swap out one from the windows and you're going again. 

Cheapy Aunger 12v air pump from Repco and torque wrench are the only additions to my tool kit. 

If all else fails, ? 

I have the original compressor and tool kit, but when I've been on a couple of trips I've swapped the pump out for the one I had in my 4x4.  I also have a scissor jack and small tool kit for trips. It has metric spanners, screwdrivers, wire & bluepoints, and some little hand cleaner tubes.  Never had to use any of it.  I also have Rainex, glass & trim wipes, windex & paper towel, bulbs & fuses, and some water & dog food that I keep in the froot for when my dog and I go on picnics.  The only thing I've ever had to change was a tail light bulb and a brake light pressure switch.  

You should have a tow hook just in case you need to be pulled onto a flat tray.

I bought a full SC tool kit from eBay as a donor to fill in the gaps in the Carrera 3.0 kit.  There will be a fair bit leftover if you are interested.  It will be a couple of weeks before I am finished.

Mine also didnt come with one, just bought myself a leather tool bag (roll type) from ebay and assembled what I thought was the minimal:

- Allen Key Set
- Shifter 
- Combination Pliers
- Double sided Screw driver (the shaft can be removed and flipped 180 degree and has both Phillips and Flat head on it).
- Spare Belts
- Spare Fuses
- Torch
- Wheel Wrench from Super Cheap
- Cutters

From what I remember. 

I've got a tray with 8 to 19mm spanners with the ratchet ringy bit, tape, wire, cable ties, pliers etc. A Porsche manual, some gloves and a few other things, yet now I need these!

Been hoping someone could invent a ratchet open end spanner after the did it with the ringy, and it looks like they've done it! Pricey though at $29 to $35 each, so I may have to work a bit harder to get a few

20161120_095619.jpg

This is a good site to use as a reference point for factory tool kits.  Prices are on the high side.

http://www.aasesales.com/collections/porsche-911-tools-manuals

This seems reasonably priced and would be about $100 cheaper in postage then buying from a US seller.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Porsche-911-930-Tool-Kit-/182355778848?hash=item2a75405d20:g:5LsAAOSwYIxX9MCQ

Metho for when you get a load of bad fuel.

Can of JB & Coke while you're waiting for the tow truck ;) Maybe 2 if you travel into remote parts. Mirror for attracting attention , matches for when it gets cold.

Where do you stop?

I think a spare fanbelt and some duct tape is all you need . Unless the CDI fails. 

• 9 months later...

He is solid proof you don't need to spend thousands of dollars on expensive tools. I am such a chump wasting all that money...

Your tools will last the rest of your life Jeff, you may not use them all but doing the resto's on the cars you will probably use most of them.

I am using some of my Dad's tools now and a Sidchrome socket set which i am sure is 60 plus years old, also my Dad's old toolbox that I remember helping my old man work on his motorbikes when I was a little fella.

Your tools will last the rest of your life Jeff, you may not use them all but doing the resto's on the cars you will probably use most of them.

I am using some of my Dad's tools now and a Sidchrome socket set which i am sure is 60 plus years old, also my Dad's old toolbox that I remember helping my old man work on his motorbikes when I was a little fella.

I actually still have the Sidchrome socket set I got for my 18th birthday with a lifetime guarantee and I have already replaced one ratchet for free. 

If you watch that last angle grinder video you will more understand the sarcasm in my reply ;)

He is solid proof you don't need to spend thousands of dollars on expensive tools. I am such a chump wasting all that money...

When you use a long socket extension to hammer out Z headlight bucket damage? Mate, That's just friggin genius and saved buying another tool! ?

Archived