Interesting purchase today

Whytar

So today I had a free day and I tag along with my best mate to a local Porsche dealership. After 10 years of getting in his ear he is finally warming up to Porsche cars and he tells me there is an interesting car he wants to look at.

Long story short - he stumps up his hard-earned and buys a 2015 Porsche Boxster Spyder. WOW!

What I did know was that I have always loved the look of the 981 Spyder and always thought it lived in the shadow of the GT4.

What I didn't know (until today) was that it's the rarest Porsche to come to Australia since the 997.2 GT2RS. There are were only 24 Boxster Spyders delivered to Australia and my mate has acquired one of the rarest colour combinations making it a truly special piece of kit.

I also didn't realise that the Spyder is actually lighter and faster accelerating than the GT4 making it surely one of the most under appreciated sports cars in the Porsche family.

Anyway, a BIG congrats to my buddy and I can't wait to have a drive on Wednesday when he collects it.

Wow x 2. Was this the solitary Boxster Spyder on the Oz market? agate grey over classic red interior in NSW?  

With something like 9 x GT4, 11 x 991GT3 and even 6 x 991GT3RS currently on carsales, the Boxster Spyder is definitely a rare breed.  With that retro rear deck, it's looks like a  classic already.

Wow x 2. Was this the solitary Boxster Spyder on the Oz market? agate grey over classic red interior in NSW?  

With something like 9 x GT4, 11 x 991GT3 and even 6 x 991GT3RS currently on carsales, the Boxster Spyder is definitely a rare breed.  With that retro rear deck, it's looks like a  classic already.

Yep.

What I didn't know (until today) was that it's the rarest Porsche to come to Australia since the 997.2 GT2RS. There are were only 24 Boxster Spyders delivered to Australia and my mate has acquired one of the rarest colour combinations making it a truly special piece of kit.

I also didn't realise that the Spyder is actually lighter and faster accelerating than the GT4 making it surely one of the most under appreciated sports cars in the Porsche family.

wow, didn't know those 2 tit-bits! Good one, thanks!

So today I had a free day and I tag along with my best mate to a local Porsche dealership. After 10 years of getting in his ear he is finally warming up to Porsche cars and he tells me there is an interesting car he wants to look at.

Long story short - he stumps up his hard-earned and buys a 2015 Porsche Boxster Spyder. WOW!

What I did know was that I have always loved the look of the 981 Spyder and always thought it lived in the shadow of the GT4.

Anyway, a BIG congrats to my buddy and I can't wait to have a drive on Wednesday when he collects it.

Saw this one had come off my watch list.  Yep has the 3.8 six in it just like the GT4.  The price was always a problem for me though.  That is certainly 911 territory.  Was always nervous about the red interior too.  How did it look in the flesh though?  My red interior in my merc I love but the Porsche interior in the photos looked like you needed sunglasses on 24x7

Congrats to your mate a really great car in my opinion.

Congrats to your mate. I had a similar experience. A mate and I were malingering at the local dealership last year. A mutual friend of ours coincidently turned up to collect his spyder. It certainly is a lovely thing!

Plus, here's a pic of that interior colour...

i-NxrtGPs-X5.jpg

i-whftbd9-X5.jpg

i-TfH44gT-X5.jpg

i-FNQP5tx-X5.jpg

i-7BHHPrb-X5.jpg

i-PXJSTgk-2347x3171.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My mate took it for its first 'real' drive yesterday (thanks Sydney weather :-( ) and reckons it feels very special. Super responsive and great sound make up an awesome package. I've had a quick spin around the eastern suburbs last weekend and it sounds very Motorsport with the roof up or down. 

The roof on this new generation Spyder is actually a doddle to operate and looks really neat compared to the 987.2 car. 

very motorsport indeed... basically same engine and exhaust as GT4 but without any roof, nothing blocks the soundtrack to the occupants ears :)

thats a good mate that lets you drive it!  Where are those pics? ;)

Here it is...

I've driven some fast cars in my time, but never one with this much grip and balance!  I was looking at a number of 911's in the price range, but I wanted something a little more special than just a standard 911.  So I pulled the trigger on the Spyder and what a car!  Very happy!

More pictures:

IuFsdKl.jpg

1Nl9ykc.jpg

l0CTz5i.jpg

Absolutely stunning car.  Perfect.

Quoted just so we all get to scroll past at the images again!

IMG_0149_zps4c454k4s.jpg

Here it is...

I've driven some fast cars in my time, but never one with this much grip and balance!  I was looking at a number of 911's in the price range, but I wanted something a little more special than just a standard 911.  So I pulled the trigger on the Spyder and what a car!  Very happy!

More pictures:

IMG_0151_zpsrfnwa1ar.jpg

IMG_0148_zpsu9d14wcc.jpg

IMG_0157_zps7pmdf7yp.jpg

IMG_0150_zpstarup71z.jpg

IMG_0158_zpst0kzyvg4.jpg

Archived