KLASSSSSY 2 - 76 930

Tom, JFDI.

Worst comes to the worst you can punt it off in the US. Happy to send you the details of our friend in Monterey who may be able to store / paint / build it if required. I'll even drive it to the next Luft for you alongside the 912 ?

Would be interested to know what you lot would pay for the above. 

More info on finishing:

1. $15k to finish paint

2. $30k to assemble

still waiting on missing parts list

Tom, JFDI.

Worst comes to the worst you can punt it off in the US. Happy to send you the details of our friend in Monterey who may be able to store / paint / build it if required. I'll even drive it to the next Luft for you alongside the 912 ?

update on 912 project on build thread finally

More info on finishing:

1. $15k to finish paint

2. $30k to assemble

$30k to assemble? Jeeez, I want their hourly rate! 

When all the bits are there and ready to go, it shouldn't take longer than 2 full weeks for an experienced shop to build a car mate. $100/hr @ 80 to 100 hours or ya getting stiffed

$30k to assemble? Jeeez, I want their hourly rate! 

When all the bits are there and ready to go, it shouldn't take longer than 2 full weeks for an experienced shop to build a car mate. $100/hr @ 80 to 100 hours or ya getting stiffed

they recon 250hrs. Maybe includes engine rebuild?

More info on finishing:

1. $15k to finish paint

2. $30k to assemble

still waiting on missing parts list

update on 912 project on build thread finally

No more than $20-30k, depending on what's missing. You could end up chasing a pile of hard to find bits if it's not been stored properly.

Also 15k to finish paint? That seems crazy to me also.

I have a painter mate that does show/concourse quality paint jobs on old Mustangs and they are just scratching 10k. He goes to town on them and they are perfect in every way. 

I have a painter mate that does show/concourse quality paint jobs on old Mustangs and they are just scratching 10k. He goes to town on them and they are perfect in every way. 

Porsche tax mate ;)

agree. hell from the photos it looks good enough to finish off in my shed.

Decided to pass, but for anyone that wants to finish it off in their shed the car as it stands is going for $50kUS 

It is a non matching car, but the previous owner sourced an original 76 engine (I have the numbers).

engine has been completely rebuilt, just not full essembled and run in yet.

there is a list of missing parts but current shop in Chicago reckons they can source everything needed. 

Costs to get a completely finished car:

purchase $50kUS

parts $10-$15k

finish paint $15k

labour $30k - this would include finishing off the engine, rebuilding gearbox/clutch, installing new wiring loom, install interior windows, rubbers etc. essentially finish of the car. 

All up $110kUS ($145k OZ)

with the original purchase price of $50kUS you could escape LCT but would be up for shipping, insurance , gst and compliance.

All up you might be about to land this car finished in OZ and drivable for around $180kOZ

I've been following the bloke's for sale posts. I'm sooooooooooooo keen for an early 930. This also has the added benefit of starting life as a 959 replica, which everyone knows, I have a soft spot for! Did you check the numbers with your Porsche guy? Confirmed non-matching? Any chance you can PM me the numbers? 

$180k is a fair chunk of money but would be nice to see it saved and go to a good home ,,,was the car originally black or another color ...just asking as I know that the early Turbo,s came is some very unique colors that you don,t see that often .. 

I've been following the bloke's for sale posts. I'm sooooooooooooo keen for an early 930. This also has the added benefit of starting life as a 959 replica, which everyone knows, I have a soft spot for! Did you check the numbers with your Porsche guy? Confirmed non-matching? Any chance you can PM me the numbers? 

chassis - 9306700661

engine - 6760063

$180k is a fair chunk of money but would be nice to see it saved and go to a good home ,,,was the car originally black or another color ...just asking as I know that the early Turbo,s came is some very unique colors that you don,t see that often .. 

as far as i know black

list of parts/work that is included:

front and rear ball joints

small hardware

wheel bearings and seals

front and rear brake rotors

parking brake shoes

brake hoses 

caliper rebuild kits

12 rockers arms

clutch kit

warm up regulator

cold start valve tp

rebuild alternator

rebuild starter

full hiring harness

all window gaskets

transmission rebuild

couple of grand allowed for miscellaneous parts

Michael recons he knows of a few around OZ, but $180k all done and sorted. Matching numbers aside I am not sure it you could get a much better deal

Neil, we need to speak about this,.

Surely you would buy Shady's running and driving Aussie delivered '75 930 @ $200K before you would cosider anything like this??????

Archived