Adelaide Rally 2017

Redracn

I was all set to enter the 2015 event, then things went south with my wife's health. But now I find it hard to pull the trigger on spending that sort of money to rip around on roads that are, essentially, my back yard. If I can get some sponsorship to cover most of the costs, and a navi, I'll enter in the Main Tour category.  Then it's a matter of which car.  The 911SC, or the Megane RS.  Failing that, I'll just go out for a look.  Above all else, needless to say, us South Aussies will put on a good welcome for the interstate PFA'ers.  

I'd love to do it, and had a longtime sponsor lined up to cover most of the costs, yet that's fallen through, so I'll just be covering my car in race decals and doing the static display at Victoria park. $30 per day including car and entry for one. It's basically a free car park for a day or 2 inside the grounds. Would love some track time, as they're doing Porsche through the ages thing, but knowing me on a track, I'd get the red mist and stuff it into a wall or blow the engine to bits. Ain't gunna happen!

• 2 weeks later...

Toying with a road trip from the west to this one. Just have to see if latest round of mods to the car are finished in time to get enough test miles prior. Looks like a great event.  

It's a good vibe mate. Great roads and the Motorsport festival is worth having a look at. You'll get a few laps of the shortened track as part of the rally too

Thinking the spirit section would be fun. Not interested in competing, however think it would be an awesome couple of days. What is the difference between the main and spirit tours... they kind of read the same to me.

Thinking the spirit section would be fun. Not interested in competing, however think it would be an awesome couple of days. What is the difference between the main and spirit tours... they kind of read the same to me.

Spirited looks to have a higher speed limit of 130 and probably a rallysafe required to monitor and report if you exceed it. You may also get a small gap to the car in front so as to stay out of stone range and I expect the leader might be a bit more spirited in the corners. 

Think they are basically the same

Not sure what class it's called (non competative and no rallysafe required) yet a friend did it last year in his 72 911 bastard hot rod and had a ball. Was even quicker than some of the top ten in classic class pretty easily

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd bring this up here, yet may start a other thread

The organisers of the 2017 Classic Adelaide rally are seeking expressions of interest in a Porsche only class in the Tour group, as there is a bit of a focus on 'Porsche through the ages' this year, and they are wanting as many Porsches as possible, especially special interest cars (historical significance, race cars etc)

There needs to be a minimum of 10 entrants who will receive a special code to add to their entry that the organisers are keen to add to the event, yet I'm sure once the word gets out, there will be quite a few cars being dusted off.

Should anyone want to come over for it, let me know asap, and I can pass on some numbers to them to ensure that it happens. If youve never driven the Adelaide hills, you'll be in for a treat!

You can also enter the static display at the Victoria Park circuit (part of the Clipsal and old F1 track). It's $30 per day which is normal adult admission price, yet you get to park inside the grounds instead of parking outside and paying an extra $16 (that is out of the organisers hands), or enter the Motorsport festival so that you get to flog your car around a track in front of loads of people. Maybe get onto their website to check out the classes and what is required (licensing etc) 

Reply here, or send a pm and I'll let them know

Thought I'd bring this up here, yet may start a other thread

The organisers of the 2017 Classic Adelaide rally are seeking expressions of interest in a Porsche only class in the Tour group, as there is a bit of a focus on 'Porsche through the ages' this year, and they are wanting as many Porsches as possible, especially special interest cars (historical significance, race cars etc)

There needs to be a minimum of 10 entrants who will receive a special code to add to their entry that the organisers are keen to add to the event, yet I'm sure once the word gets out, there will be quite a few cars being dusted off.

Should anyone want to come over for it, let me know asap, and I can pass on some numbers to them to ensure that it happens. If youve never driven the Adelaide hills, you'll be in for a treat!

You can also enter the static display at the Victoria Park circuit (part of the Clipsal and old F1 track). It's $30 per day which is normal adult admission price, yet you get to park inside the grounds instead of parking outside and paying an extra $16 (that is out of the organisers hands), or enter the Motorsport festival so that you get to flog your car around a track in front of loads of people. Maybe get onto their website to check out the classes and what is required (licensing etc) 

Reply here, or send a pm and I'll let them know

Do you know if this is a standard tour or spirited? Seems they are missing the Porsche Australia tour and the numbers that brings. 

• 3 months later...

Bumping this one...

I'm flying to Melbourne on the Wednesday to pick up the 968CS and am hoping to drive the Great Ocean Road on the way home with a temporary rego permit and get the car registered on the Friday before the Adelaide Motorsport Festival so I can park it up n the display.

Who else is going to be lurking around?

1 hour ago, Cam Arnott said:

Bumping this one...

I'm flying to Melbourne on the Wednesday to pick up the 968CS and am hoping to drive the Great Ocean Road on the way home with a temporary rego permit and get the car registered on the Friday before the Adelaide Motorsport Festival so I can park it up n the display.

Who else is going to be lurking around?

I'll be there probably Saturday Cam. Hopefully with the 911 on display

ph 0407942151

On 10/07/2017 at 5:25 PM, LeeM said:

It's a good vibe mate. Great roads and the Motorsport festival is worth having a look at. You'll get a few laps of the shortened track as part of the rally too

Did it 2 years ago and Man what a Great event - needs to be on your Bucket List.

Met up with Stew, Lee and Red. Stew had offered his support if I came over this year but  had to change plans -  Thanks Stew.

Spirited - you have a Tour leader with the Speed monitor and you follow him. My tour leader had a new WRX and tried to shake me but couldn't. Great roads and well run event.

Cam - I am on leave for the rest of the year, feel free to call me when in Melbourne if you have time. Enjoy the drive home and your new toy.

I will be hitting the road this Friday from Perth and hope to roll into town Sunday afternoon. Then recci Mon-Wed while also making time to enjoy some of the local produce. :) Then rally from Thursday to Saturday. Hoping to just keep it tidy and hope the car hangs together so we can enjoy the full event. Hopefully see some of you guys at the finish at Victoria Park for the festival or out on the stages. 

You could be in for a wet one mate! 

Just saw the forecast is 21 and rain/showers Friday to Sunday. Still bloody good fun in the Adelaide hills when its wet though. We always head up there, as noone else is on the road ?

Archived