I thought it was about time that I put up some pics of my project! I bought the unloved but solid 1967 Porsche 912 last year from a good guy in Paddington who just didn't have the time to look after her. I originally set out to do a light resto, but like all restorations, it quickly snow balled and has turned out to be a full blown ground up resto.

27zaq20.jpg
15ro0vo.jpg
16a7dxk.jpg

b7fb89.jpg
2a7s7pl.jpg
One of the many reasons which prompted me to buy the car is that I know the entire history... a lot better than some of the cars on the market that have a dubious and hidden past. In my humble opinion, you do it once and do it right!

The only pro to stripping the car back, replacing, upgrading and repairing parts and panels as I go along is that I know the car back to front. So what and why would I bother when most people would run away from a car like that? Well, I now KNOW that the car has the best parts and panels available and so far, I have done my best to ensure all repairs are done as best as they can be so that it will be as good, if not better than brand new.

Prior to the car arriving in Sydney, it lived in Melbourne and before that, Los Angeles. The story goes that when it was imported from the USA, it was vandalised by a disgruntled tow truck driver who drilled holes in some of the panels and the oil cannister...The old owner is on here but as I said though, this has all been fixed by the previous owner as well as a thorough going over by me with extensive repairs and 'holey' parts replaced by me - this is now just a distant memory as there are NOW no traces of any drilling...

w05e7n.jpg
j62zix.jpg
141ntop.jpg

Back to bare metal.

23hrs5h.jpg

jp8w02.jpg

iokjzp.jpg

213en39.jpg

xf2b6f.jpg

Some pics of Andy and his crew repairing the car:

- File finish bonnet:

25gqvr4.jpg 
Only bit of rust in the guard:

245jaf4.jpg

The pic Andy sent of his repairs to the guard:
2e17fyp.jpg

The only other nasty rust was in the rear window LH side quater:
3013pjo.jpg
Inner fixed:
54txs.jpg
Primed:
2ppdg7o.jpg
Repair panel outer welded in:
260y7f9.jpg

Will follow with interest, I'm dong one shortly too... and I agree on your approach! 

Andy & I go back a bit, good guy, good shop, they know how to do restorations like no one else!  Its what they do best. 

Wtf was the deal with the tow truck driver?

I was the owner at the time. I was overseas and asked my sister to organize the tow. He didn't want to reverse up the driveway, apparently narrow for him which it isn't. So just drove off with the car taking it to the depot. She called his company and complained about him and demanded he comes back. He did and added a few holes in the car on the way back. I didn't get to notice till I came back from my trip a month later. Was too late to pin it on the arse hole

Anyway, I had them all fixed. Was frustrating but in hind side, the car was getting restored anyway so welding up a hole is less work than cutting a rusty area

Its really good to see how the current owner (David) is giving the car what it deserves. Well done mate

What a complete and utter plick.  Thankfully easy enough to repair but seriously...enough said.. back to the build

928 owner apparently :ph34r:

holes are a bit neat though.  Don't think it was one of them.

not quite. That involves a rotisserie and starting with a bare shell

You're both right in a way, but in saying that, I've replaced pretty much every part. I have also had the undercarriage stripped and new stone guard re-applied. 

Some more pics: 
6te2bc.jpg
waq1qv.jpg
14n38qq.jpg
2yzc31j.jpg
1ywepk.jpg
se2ic1.jpg

Will follow with interest, I'm dong one shortly too... and I agree on your approach! 

Andy & I go back a bit, good guy, good shop, they know how to do restorations like no one else!  Its what they do best. 

Truly like no one else. The costs snowballed to almost twice the initial quote, but I suppose $25k would be considered a decent price for a body restoration. Great speed once the payments had gone through, from it taking months, I got really rushed to pick it up after he’d finished it ‘as best as he could’. I think the pics speak for themselves. I’ve since taken the matter to court, we settled ($5k settlement) and the car is now at another shop having the work redone. Will post up more body pics soon.

iwj59s.jpg
30b0imr.jpg
Where's my vin? 
fd7ifa.jpg
72t2si.jpg

332qwl2.jpg
xfym43.jpg
2us7d6s.jpg
2n9f72b.jpg

v7d3lg.jpg

1251fls.jpg
2ekjk05.jpg

2s78krb.jpg

972pn8.jpg

Damn that was a quick build. Less than a week! I wish mine was that fast :Chuckle2:

hard working firey with no time on his hands...

Makes me miss the 912.......a little bit

you can borrow one of mine

Truly like no one else. The costs snowballed to almost twice the initial quote, but I suppose $25k would be considered a decent price for a body restoration. Great speed once the payments had gone through, from it taking months, I got really rushed to pick it up after he’d finished it ‘as best as he could’. I think the pics speak for themselves. I’ve since taken the matter to court, we settled and the car is now at another shop having the work redone. Will post up more body pics soon.

iwj59s.jpg
30b0imr.jpg
Where's my vin? 
fd7ifa.jpg
72t2si.jpg

332qwl2.jpg
xfym43.jpg
2us7d6s.jpg
2n9f72b.jpg

v7d3lg.jpg

1251fls.jpg
2ekjk05.jpg