Which Rim???

T-Man

Need a little help please guys.

Just about ready to pull the trigger on a new set of wheels. They are RS replicas from Veloce and come in either silver or black centres.

Plan is to eventually put on some front splitters, RS side skirts and maybe a turbo spoiler or ducktail. Have already ordered black wide oval exhaust tips if that helps with the advice.

So the question is black or silver?

Veloce-RS-Silver-side.jpg

Veloce-RS-Black-side.jpg

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The silver will definitely go.

But the black centre will look good with the existing black details of your car for a slighly more aggressive look IMHO. Have you thought about black Carrera side scripts?

Porsche_993_White.JPG

The silver will definitely go.

But the black centre will look good with the existing black details of your car for a slighly more aggressive look IMHO. Have you thought about black Carrera side scripts?

Doug, you're either psychic or psychotic!

It is a definite consideration! Maybe not the exact script in the picture, but along those lines.

Guys unless you all have a contact I can highly recommend one guy in Sydney who has been fantastic to me as been going to him for 15 years. Put in perspective I just picked up for a mate a set of original (perfect condition) Cayenne (2011) 19 inch rims with brand new rubber for about $3500- mind you these are Porsche originals.

For other brands with Porsche caps it's generally cheaper and brand new.

PM your request or best quote and I'm happy to give it a referral with his store - I know he freights with reasonable cost.

Worst case scenario he is not cheaper however he is yet to be beaten.

Hi Toto,

9/10 times (especially on a white car) I would say black - its that particular style of wheels that is making me lean towards the silver. Seeing as they are a factory style wheel I think the silver looks more 'factory' as less obvoiusly a 'replica' style wheel. If you were looking for a non original style wheel or even say a genuine BBS style I would be throwing black out there everytime (with black outer also, not polished - stealth!).

Totally your call, either way beautiful car - each option can really change the look (also, I have used some photoshop mok ups in the past). Hugh.

Hi Toto,

9/10 times (especially on a white car) I would say black - its that particular style of wheels that is making me lean towards the silver. Seeing as they are a factory style wheel I think the silver looks more 'factory' as less obvoiusly a 'replica' style wheel. If you were looking for a non original style wheel or even say a genuine BBS style I would be throwing black out there everytime (with black outer also, not polished - stealth!).

Totally your call, either way beautiful car - each option can really change the look (also, I have used some photoshop mok ups in the past). Hugh.

This is exactly my dilemma and the only thing holding me back. They are a factory look wheel that were only available in silver, but I think the black looks a little more aggressive, and that may be where I want to go with the car.......but I do like the silver also......but then again.....

Something like this one below.........anyone good with photoshopping black centres?????

293407d1217027247-post-your-rs-style-cars-its-not-for-the-purist-whiters.jpg

i would go with black personally.. either way you can always eaisly change the colour of the rim. no doubt that wheel will suit your car.. i think the most important issue when choosing a wheel for a car is getting the correct sizing for the car, diameter, width and offset.. having a rim fully fill the guards is a must, a nice dish (if that what you like) is important also IMO.

getting the sizing, offset right etc is the most important.

Hugh,

Tremendous effort! Thank you so much.

I was on the verge of committing to the silver and you have just turned things back to me being indecisive! :unsure:

Hugh,

Tremendous effort! Thank you so much.

I was on the verge of committing to the silver and you have just turned things back to me being indecisive! :unsure:

Bugga, I now like the silver ones, no I don't , yes I do, Seriously though in that photoshopping the silver for me I have had an about face. Maybe with the door decals it may be better. Sorry......

I'm sharing your sentiment Niko. Was thinking black however the silver looks more refined IMO.

Re decals can I ask you guys on this? I put on the older style decals which I know is not period for my car however as it broke up all the white with a bit of contrast which I liked. Also have the black centre with chrome rims so it matches however something keeps nagging it's not authentic.

Is this a P no go?

Lastly, Theo, are your windows tinted as hat would match / balance the black a bit more?

I'm sharing your sentiment Niko. Was thinking black however the silver looks more refined IMO.

Re decals can I ask you guys on this? I put on the older style decals which I know is not period for my car however as it broke up all the white with a bit of contrast which I liked. Also have the black centre with chrome rims so it matches however something keeps nagging it's not authentic.

Is this a P no go?

Lastly, Theo, are your windows tinted as hat would match / balance the black a bit more?

Now we are getting there!

If my windows were tinted I'd definitely go black, but I'm not a big fan of tinted windows on a 911. I was parked next to a RS clone in Crown car park a few days ago which had tinted windows and it seriously looked like crap! Apologies to the owner as I don't normally describe Porsches that way but it seriously did!

The authenticity is also another issue. Yes, they are knock offs, but one thing I've always loved was the RS look, and that means silver rims.

So tonight I put this to the ultimate test and asked the 21 year old daughter, and I quote "The black one's look like real Muzza rims Dad that belong on a XR6".........I'm now very much leaning to the silver!

Hugh, you are killing me!!!!! Newly photoshopped runs have no silver.

Now that look is saying something .

yes, the 'all black' makes a big difference - thought it may be worth adding it to the mix!

Archived