1976 Melbourne Motor Show- Porsche 924 pics sought

1st

Hi folks

Does anyone have any pics of the Porsche/Hamiltons stand from the 1976 Melbourne Motor Show ... I'm after a pic of the '75 924 which was there in it's metallic green livery before being bulit into the '79 Repco Rally Barth/Kussmaul entry.

I've searched but can't find any...?

Cheers and thanks

Wow 1976.  The year I met my wife.  No digital photos back then so only hard copies and if you are really lucky negatives of same. Back then I was using a Kodak 110 with a built in flash.  Film went in via a cartridge and 24 shots available. I was actually at the 1976 Motor Show but sorry no photos.  I was more into V8 Holdens and Datsun 260Z 2+2 back then.  Porsches were just a dream that only rich people could afford

Maybe someone from the old Hamilton Group may be able to assist

I'd love to see those photos. If you can get negatives or good quality scans. would love to print them up. I've got a high res scanner at work, happy to scan them if you're in melb. I've also got a negative scanner too. 

Just 1 surviving b&w print.  Let's do it.

• 3 weeks later...

Perhaps , just perhaps someone drove it across a border comrade? Past the checkpoint etc.

Because there were no Volvos in Melbourne in those days...perhaps the Martians drove it from their crop circle work?

down_the_rabbit_hole_by_cyril_helnwein.j

*(Agnetha Fältskog, as you can just make out she's blond)

Are you kidding!!!

There were fuchen Volvos everywhere in Melbourne in the early 70s. (Did AAMI even assemble them here?)

They were the Toyota Prius  of the 70s - every Doctor's wife had one because they were soooo safe. The Doctor/Managing Director's girlfriends had the Porsches - but they were all Targa Sportsmatic. The boss man drove a 928 auto.

Because there were no Volvos in Melbourne in those days...perhaps the Martians drove it from their crop circle work?

down_the_rabbit_hole_by_cyril_helnwein.j

*(Agnetha Fältskog, as you can just make out she's blond)

We had rabbits back then , except they were called golfs. Hole in one!

Atrocities were being committed everywhere

BKfjHui.jpg

Thanks Tazzieman - those show guides are usually that, and are published before the event.... so generally they lack images from the actual event I have found. I have been checking April/May editions of the local car magazines of the time but with no luck ....

The search continues ...

• 1 month later...

Archived