MFX

Home Built Z

4 hours ago, MFX said:

I am stubborn enough to not give up, but it doesn't stop me whingeing and moaning along the way ;) 

Correct answer is "I have been fortunate enough to add Japanese versions to my collection of German and Italian obscene vernacular"

This week I top up all of the fluids and finally try to start the 680g.

In this episode I finish off painting the last few bits of the 680g

Go and treat yaself to a beer or 5 Jeff, job well done. Your face mate when it kicked then rumbled into life - your smile priceless. I was ginning ear to ear for you. I remember that feeling, building the engine and it kicks first time and then bursts into life. Sounds tough too 👍👍👍

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Go and treat yaself to a beer or 5 Jeff, job well done. Your face mate when it kicked then rumbled into life - your smile priceless. I was ginning ear to ear for you. I remember that feeling, building the engine and it kicks first time and then bursts into life. Sounds tough too 👍👍👍

It is getting close now. Just that bloody wiring to sort out and we should be cooking with gas :D

In this episode I fail to fit new wheel studs, but I swap in the new fuel filler and some other bits.

Jeff, noticed the episode before last you did not put any plastic behind the door trim. I get it and am guessing placed for the completed look - please make sure you do ;) 

20 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

Jeff, noticed the episode before last you did not put any plastic behind the door trim. I get it and am guessing placed for the completed look - please make sure you do ;) 

I did forget, but I will get it done before it is finished ;)

In this episode I revisit replacing the wheel studs and fit the sway bar and bushings.

In this episode I fit a 123 distributor to the 680g to hopefully get it running properly once and for all.

8 minutes ago, firstone said:

Seems like firing order/ timing to me. :ph34r:

I actually got it running nicely yesterday. The timing was heavily retarded. Now with the timing where it is happy the timing light shows around 30 degrees advance at idle. I think I have the dizzy drive shaft out 1 tooth.

In this episode I sort out my timing issues and tune the car using the colour tune.

Fantastic mate, congrats. Bloody good looking car when its outside 👍

In this episode I delve a bit deeper into the tuning issues on the 680G.

I finally sort out the running issues and no surprises it was my fault. We then tune it up on the dyno and get that final figure.

Now the car is running I just have a few bits and pieces to sort out before I can get it registered.

I finally have my meeting with the engineer to see if he is happy to sign off on all of my modifications. Fingers crossed.