Home Built Z

MFX

4 hours ago, MFX said:

I am stubborn enough to not give up, but it doesn't stop me whingeing and moaning along the way ;) 

Correct answer is "I have been fortunate enough to add Japanese versions to my collection of German and Italian obscene vernacular"

Go and treat yaself to a beer or 5 Jeff, job well done. Your face mate when it kicked then rumbled into life - your smile priceless. I was ginning ear to ear for you. I remember that feeling, building the engine and it kicks first time and then bursts into life. Sounds tough too 👍👍👍

1 hour ago, Troubleshooter said:

Go and treat yaself to a beer or 5 Jeff, job well done. Your face mate when it kicked then rumbled into life - your smile priceless. I was ginning ear to ear for you. I remember that feeling, building the engine and it kicks first time and then bursts into life. Sounds tough too 👍👍👍

It is getting close now. Just that bloody wiring to sort out and we should be cooking with gas :D

20 minutes ago, P-Kay said:

Jeff, noticed the episode before last you did not put any plastic behind the door trim. I get it and am guessing placed for the completed look - please make sure you do ;) 

I did forget, but I will get it done before it is finished ;)

8 minutes ago, firstone said:

Seems like firing order/ timing to me. :ph34r:

I actually got it running nicely yesterday. The timing was heavily retarded. Now with the timing where it is happy the timing light shows around 30 degrees advance at idle. I think I have the dizzy drive shaft out 1 tooth.

• 4 weeks later...