What Mods have you made?

Hi Everyone,

having just made a few changes to my porky pig I thought it might be good for everyone to unload some of their intellectual property on changes and mods they have made to their cars which others might find really helpful. Certainly I owe a lot to the advice that I got from Steve Porter and Theo which really helped me decide on what to do. So perhaps if you add to this topic if we use a scale of 1 to 10 for whether the mod was good (10) or not worth it (1)

I will get the ball rolling:

Wheels: Changed from 17" Cups to Veloce Turbo 3.6 18". Mainly cosmetic. Love the look I give it an (9) for being worthwhile

Steve Wong ECU Chip: made the engine run smoother and even the Tipper change has improved. I give it a (7)

BMC sports air filter: Nothing really noticeable if I am honest. I give it a (3)

RS engine mounts: Huge change in how the car feels. It feels more alive with much crisper turn in. I give it a (9) for being really worthwhile.

Bilstein PSS10 adjustable suspension: Biggest change I have made to the car. it has transformed it from being a really nice car to being bloody exciting. I cannot wait to get back in it and go for a drive on the twisty stuff. I give it a (10)

Fister Stage 2 mufflers: Wow what a change.Sounds awesome and has just a little bit more oomph down low. I keep going out to the garage and starting the car just to hear it. I give it a (10)

That's everything I have done and once again a big big thanks to Steve and especially Theo for all the help. So anyone else going to share their experience?

Cheers

C

Guest Nick987

So far have removed an 'envy scratch' from driver's door. Rate it a 10 :lol:

Still looking at PSS10's and zorsts. Will update as I go.

Porkorific idea for a thread mind!

Great idea to start a thread like this Chris.

When I bought my 993 I promised myself I would take it easy on the mods and do a couple of things over the next year or two.

How wrong was I. It's been 4 months.

Bilstein PSS10 fully adjustable suspension. 9/10

FD Motorsport Fister Stage-3 mufflers. 11/10

FD Motorsport Golden Rod (Shift rod). 9/10

FD Motorsport Short Shift Kit. 8/10

FD Motorsport Wide Ovals. 9/10

RS Engine Mounts. 7/10

Walrod Control Arm Bushings. 8/10

Walrod Instrument Trim Rings. On the way. Will be a 10/10 when they arrive.

Veloce RS replica wheels with TOYO R1R rubber. On the way. Will be a 10/10 when they arrive!!!!

Actually Chris, this is a terrible idea for a thread.

Reminds me of how much I have spent!!!!!!!

JJ are you low riding again?

Also I love those wheel - where did you score them from and ball park how much?

not yet, next week hopefully.. i actually bought them off ebay years ago, i got a bargain, $400.. this guy was stripping out a 930 and wanted everything gone, they were white though :P

not yet, next week hopefully.. i actually bought them off ebay years ago, i got a bargain, $400.. this guy was stripping out a 930 and wanted everything gone, they were white though :P

So JJ, your car was running 6's & 7's and now is running 7's & 8's - is that right? From your pics thats what it appears, agree it makes all the difference.

Im not prepared to disclose any mods in here as my wife sometimes peers over my shoulder whilst im reading this forum.

My car is as it left the factory!!

Cheers

Danny

Wise move Danny!

Cheers Vas,

Yup Vas is right 7's and 9's..

I was looking at the FVD website last night, so tempeted to get a sports muffler, new suspensions bits, sturts, bump steer kit.. and perhaps a Steve Wong chip..

Guest Nick987

Yup Vas is right 7's and 9's..

I was looking at the FVD website last night, so tempeted to get a sports muffler, new suspensions bits, sturts, bump steer kit.. and perhaps a Steve Wong chip..

Go you good thing!'

• 11 months later...

Dammit. Why did i click this.

Seeing as some have seen my car on an SMT. I'll spill the beans..

2.5L Turbo. Fully rebuild stock internals.

body - Stock

Suspension - Koni yellow adjustable front. 300Lb front. 29mm T-bard rear (still soft) Came like that. 

Stock wheels. Toyo T1R 225 50 R16 & 245 45 R16 rears. 

Engine:

CEP/JME custom grind cam (pretty wild)

CEP Head. huge valves, massive ports. Everything titanium

GTX 3076R w/.82 housing. 650hp turbo.. Running 17-18 psi at around 400 rwhp. About 350 tf/lb torque, from 3800 rpm pretty liniar to 6700 rpm

Large front mount intercooler

Custom water cooling

Rogue M-Tune 80lb injectors.

Very hard to rate this but:

Suspension: 7/10

Body/looks 6/10 - stock

Engine 9/10

Hi Everyone,

having just made a few changes to my porky pig I thought it might be good for everyone to unload some of their intellectual property on changes and mods they have made to their cars which others might find really helpful. Certainly I owe a lot to the advice that I got from Steve Porter and Theo which really helped me decide on what to do. So perhaps if you add to this topic if we use a scale of 1 to 10 for whether the mod was good (10) or not worth it (1)

I will get the ball rolling:

Wheels: Changed from 17" Cups to Veloce Turbo 3.6 18". Mainly cosmetic. Love the look I give it an (9) for being worthwhile

Steve Wong ECU Chip: made the engine run smoother and even the Tipper change has improved. I give it a (7)

BMC sports air filter: Nothing really noticeable if I am honest. I give it a (3)

RS engine mounts: Huge change in how the car feels. It feels more alive with much crisper turn in. I give it a (9) for being really worthwhile.

Bilstein PSS10 adjustable suspension: Biggest change I have made to the car. it has transformed it from being a really nice car to being bloody exciting. I cannot wait to get back in it and go for a drive on the twisty stuff. I give it a (10)

Fister Stage 2 mufflers: Wow what a change.Sounds awesome and has just a little bit more oomph down low. I keep going out to the garage and starting the car just to hear it. I give it a (10)

That's everything I have done and once again a big big thanks to Steve and especially Theo for all the help. So anyone else going to share their experience?

Cheers

C

Hi Chris,

Out of interest, how do the different engine mounts affect the turn in / handling?

Mine is pretty tame compared to Pauly's beast. It has the Aussie powerchip II added by previous owner. I have fitted a lindsey racing boost enhancer and changed the PO custom cat back to a fabspeed. I have mostly focused on getting all the little things sorted which has gone from a list of about 30 items to less than a handful, mostly trim and electrical related(power mirrors working, console lid etc).

I have some bits ready to fit like lightened and balanced pulleys set up but no point doing that till I do TB/BS belts.

Hi Chris,

Out of interest, how do the different engine mounts affect the turn in / handling?

Hi Norm,

Hugely! The car is much more crisper and you can feel what it is doing through the seat of your pants. Thats probably not a very good way of describing it but I used to race Karts and you could always feel what was happening through your bum. Same feeling. It talks to me now whereas before I felt a little disconnected. 'NVH very little. 

Archived