FS: 911 G Series Centre Reflector (Pre '87)

For sale: Porsche 911 G Series centre reflector, pre '87.  Bosch.  Part no 911.631.432.01.  Made in Germany.

Looking for $375.

Please note one of the fixation/location bolts is broken off.  Center bottom as per pic.  Should not be a problem with nine others.

Shows usual scuff/patina of an aged and matured part.

oEG9c8I.jpg

TNtt1vc.jpg

WdITO9d.jpg

24o3hs8.jpg

CSKHVlQ.jpg

Hi @Peter M @Dreamr

You guys are making the anorak in me come out, which I desperately try to depress :(

My understanding, but happy to be corrected is as follows.

The early 911 centre reflector had PORSCHE written in black lettering.  Sometime around later SC or the introduction of the 3.2 the PORSCHE script changed to clear as above.  Fixation remained the same.  The "series II" 87 - 89 Carrera 3.2 introduced a new centre reflector that is identifiable by 2 reflector panels at each end and smaller clear PORSCHE script.  This later version also uses clips to attach.

This part for sale is genuine Bosch manufactured.  If you ring PC parts you will find the part number is NLA and replaced by 911.631.432.03 and a price close to $1300 incl GST.

87 - 89 looks like the following,

91163312302lr.gif

Hi @Peter M @Dreamr

You guys are making the anorak in me come out, which I desperately try to depress :(

My understanding, but happy to be corrected is as follows.

The early 911 centre reflector had PORSCHE written in black lettering.  Sometime around later SC or the introduction of the 3.2 the PORSCHE script changed to clear as above.  Fixation remained the same.  The "series II" 87 - 89 Carrera 3.2 introduced a new centre reflector that is identifiable by 2 reflector panels at each end and smaller clear PORSCHE script.  This later version also uses clips to attach.

This part for sale is genuine Bosch manufactured.  If you ring PC parts you will find the part number is NLA and replaced by 911.631.432.03 and a price close to $1300 incl GST.

87 - 89 looks like the following,

91163312302lr.gif

I certainly don't mean to bring out any unwanted feelings of being an anorak .... you were doing so well to contain them.

I am always happy to be corrected in the very few times I am wrong as I have always been under the impression that I know it all ... :ph34r:

Seriously though, you may be correct and I'm happy for anyone to correct the information that I thought I knew .... I always thought that the pre '87 had black writing and they updated the reflector with the onset of the G50 gearbox ....

I have an 85 3.2 and it is the black script with larger font.  I understand these were used on SC and like @Dreamr says, 915 3.2's (84, 85 & 86).  1987 (G50) was the start of the smaller clear script as I understand.  I thought there were only ever two versions and expect yours is the smaller clear 87-89 clear script Doug, not pre 87.

my '87 G50 has the two reflector panels at each end as per D-banger's clarification. I suspect the item for sale must be pre-87 as per D-banger's original description.

Pre 87 would mean before 87 (1986 and back) which is not your car and not Doug's item.

Post (after) 86 or G50 Carrera is probably the best definition. GLWTS Doug, nice pricing.

Pre 87 would mean before 87 (1986 and back) which is not your car and not Doug's item.

Post (after) 86 or G50 Carrera is probably the best definition. GLWTS Doug, nice pricing.

looks Pre to me. GLWS.

We'll allow the AIRCOOLD plate ; most kids today wouldn't notice!

exactly. No quite the same these days at skool.

For sale: Porsche 911 G Series centre reflector, pre '87.  Bosch.  Part no 911.631.432.01.  Made in Germany.

Looking for $375.

Please note one of the fixation/location bolts is broken off.  Center bottom as per pic.  Should not be a problem with nine others.

Shows usual scuff/patina of an aged and matured part.

oEG9c8I.jpg

TNtt1vc.jpg

WdITO9d.jpg

24o3hs8.jpg

CSKHVlQ.jpg

Pre 87 fitment but post 86 lettering.

For sale: Very rare, "paint delete" PORSCHE logo, '74 - '86  fixation.

Porsche 911 G Series centre reflector, pre '87.  Bosch.  Part no 911.631.432.01.  Made in Germany.

Found in a garage that looks like some barns.

i guess we now don't need a thread on "The Definitive G series Centre Reflector" ?

Doug,

You're too late!

This thread has made me realise that 3.2's came with 3 different types of reflectors as I've actually owned all 3!

The black lettered ones for MY '84 & '85 (plus earlier SC's).  Sorry I don't have the part number at hand but bought one second hand last year.  It was date stamped March '85.

The clear lettered version like yours for MY '86. Part No. 911.631.432.01

The clear lettered, double reflector squares at each end and wider flanged top edge with simplified top only fixing method for MY '87, '88 & '89. Part No. 911.633.123.02

So I apologise for my half baked earlier comment.

Doug,

You're too late!

This thread has made me realise that 3.2's came with 3 different types of reflectors as I've actually owned all 3!

The black lettered ones for MY '84 & '85 (plus earlier SC's).  Sorry I don't have the part number at hand but bought one second hand last year.  It was date stamped March '85.

The clear lettered version like yours for MY '86. Part No. 911.631.432.01

The clear lettered, double reflector squares at each end and wider flanged top edge with simplified top only fixing method for MY '87, '88 & '89. Part No. 911.633.123.02

So I apologise for my half baked earlier comment.

well you have certainly made up for your earlier "half baked" comment and taught most of us something.  Thanks.

Archived