NIce Widebody LHD - 3.0 SC Motor.

This is one I passed on last year, at a crazy low price. Wonder if the fellow that did buy it, found something he didn't like?

He bought it with some nice Fuch rims... and still has them it seems.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Ice-Green-Porsche-911-Widebody-Coupe/322994396620?hash=item4b33f75dcc:g:mQgAAOSwAaJaI317

sDkaMnK.jpg

iic7jBM.jpg

eeQ7YdE.jpg

0pewygt.jpg

2AT6g7W.png

0YCfs5r.png

UzVTqcX.png

5wH6M90.png

with a little TLC and input of some extra funds you could really make that car into something special seems from all indications to be quiet a tidy car and have every thing with it .......needs the fuch back on it too 

I was eyeing off a wide bodied SC in Florida which was on pelican.  It looked much rougher than this one and they wanted $26k us.  

The ice green is a pretty cool color as well.

good project base even if the mechanicals need attention.  All depends on rust and panel fit etc.

In VIC, if you transfer full registration, you pay stamp duty.

If you put the car on a club permit, there's no transfer as such and there's no stamp duty.

It makes almost no sense to transfer full rego on a car that qualifies for a club permit (older than 25 years), unless you're definitely going to use it for more than the maximum 90 days per year of the permit. There's no way I would register a car older the 25 years these days. Club permits all the way.

So I would say there's nothing suss at all about the car never having been transferred into someone's name.

It's all about proof of ownership anyway - since there's no title, you need a good paper trail - receipt, contract of sale etc.

Nah - you can just own a car. It doesn't need to be registered. If you drive it, yes, it needs to be registered or on a permit.

The previous owner should remove the plates and cancel any rego if it's sold unregistered.

But if you just park it, stick it in a shed or whatever, you don't need to do anything. The previous owner should cancel the rego. You only need to be able to prove it belongs to you in order to re-register or put it on a permit.

1 minute ago, GUT said:

Nah - you can just own a car. It doesn't need to be registered. If you drive it, yes, it needs to be registered or on a permit.

But if you just park it, stick it in a shed or whatever, you only need to be able to prove it belongs to you in order to re-register or put it on a permit.

Correct done it many times...

Agree with James & others above.  I recently sold a car into WA and had it on club permits here only while in my posession (but had a contract of sale when I purchased it from a dealer etc).  The roads authority in WA (not sure what they're called) gave the buyer a hard time for purchasing an 'unregistered car' as I'd never had it on full rego here - made him jump through a bunch of hoops as though it had been sitting in a shed for years (which was ridiculous given the condition of the car).  Seems historic plates are almost considered a form of non registration on some computer systems.

3 minutes ago, Gavin (CliffToCoast) said:

Agree with James & others above.  I recently sold a car into WA and had it on club permits here only while in my posession (but had a contract of sale when I purchased it from a dealer etc).  The roads authority in WA (not sure what they're called) gave the buyer a hard time for purchasing an 'unregistered car' as I'd never had it on full rego here - made him jump through a bunch of hoops as though it had been sitting in a shed for years (which was ridiculous given the condition of the car).  Seems historic plates are almost considered a form of non registration on some computer systems.

Club permit not club rego. Go figure the difference in terminology as it’s all about the TAC Insurance. The pencil pushers, or keyboard rappers don’t know anything about cars other than driving them to work- gotta play the game- and always with a smile ? 

5 hours ago, GUT said:

The previous owner should remove the plates and cancel any rego if it's sold unregistered.

But if you just park it, stick it in a shed or whatever, you don't need to do anything. The previous owner should cancel the rego. You only need to be able to prove it belongs to you in order to re-register or put it on a permit.

The U.S. Title 'pink slip' system is far superior in this regard.  The title is separate to registration and denotes ownership.  When a car has a loan the financing coma y has the title.  When you want to register the car just show up with the title.  Australia really should have something similar, as there is no real way of proving you own a car, especially one that is not registered.

Rego documents .. are far from the definition of ownership .. just get a PPSR .. thats where it counts .

As for transfer od cars .. thats a govt rort , do it only when you need to .. 

If you got the keys, a receipt stating it has no outstanding claim by any other party and they are fully they are entitled to sell , the old rego doc perhaps, a ppsr .. you got ownership 

i agree with the Vic crew thats the way to go , will be cancel the rego on my car when sold and just provide the owner a new RWC.

Yes Mike I thought the same. If this custom was your cuppa tea I'd think about 45 to 50 would be reasonable buying with probably all the thinking, running around, logistics and hardwork done. Thinking he's outta spare cash for whatever reason and sick of opening the chequebook and moving on to something else. Probably spent 15 and needs maybe 5 or 10 to finish it off to a great standard, it always gets outta hand and the shekels add up. To buy at high 40's and put 5 in initially to get a good lefty hotty on the road on a budget price, this is a great looker and as cheap as it gets atm for this kinda car

Archived