1985 3.2 Carrera

The time has come for me to sell. For full details, see below

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Porsche-911-Carrera-1985/SSE-AD-5399047/?_ga=2.110645829.1331349715.1524460941-249607667.1518072442&_gac=1.175974678.1524534620.EAIaIQobChMI9drxgubR2gIVVAoqCh36ugPKEAAYASAAEgKodvD_BwE

Happy to answer questions here and if a PFA member wants a serious chat about pricing, happy to discuss

Lurkers Lurkers .. I know you read our commentary...  I would say if your looking for a picky owner and your want to ensure your car has some handling... CHECK THIS CAR OUT!!   Before I ply Simon with beer and catch him in a soft moment with a lowball offer.

For the sub 100k seekers , open your eyes and your wallet

PFA AND PR Technology provenance - dont get much better than that 

The man can analyse and steer .. and hes a flippin Architect , not sure your gonna get a bad build from those genetics 

In all seriousness Simon , I hope someone PFA friendly picks up your love child and that you get another .

You do have some stern competition in the white car market with Skidmarks car  hitting  sales space..

Maybe its just a grid line up of the  No1. and No 2.  Market Race leaders .... I wonder who would win ;) 

9 hours ago, symsy said:

Lurkers Lurkers .. I know you read our commentary...  I would say if your looking for a picky owner and your want to ensure your car has some handling... CHECK THIS CAR OUT!!   Before I ply Simon with beer and catch him in a soft moment with a lowball offer.

For the sub 100k seekers , open your eyes and your wallet

PFA AND PR Technology provenance - dont get much better than that 

The man can analyse and steer .. and hes a flippin Architect , not sure your gonna get a bad build from those genetics 

In all seriousness Simon , I hope someone PFA friendly picks up your love child and that you get another .

You do have some stern competition in the white car market with Skidmarks car  hitting  sales space..

Maybe its just a grid line up of the  No1. and No 2.  Market Race leaders .... I wonder who would win ;) 

Mainly maths about what has been done vs what may need to be done. Also personal pref for colours, age & rareness, etc.

People still don't like the LHD convert thing, no matter what is said about the car (obviously, Im not one of them) but it does restrict a sale/price, no matter how much the owner protests.

Due Diligence is required for any old Pcar purchase.

GLWS & GLWP

I know plenty of gents who’ll park there ass in A LHd conversion 

geez what can you buy in equivalence for this ... buy the car and you’ll also get Simon as a life long friend 

I was about to somehow use glory hole in  the next sentence , but thought better of it 

Someone wake up and smell the daisies 

Edit I meant glory be 

4 hours ago, Arnage said:

Simple, get one of them to buy it!?

I’ve already spoken to a Cpl chumps.. and I myself have placed my tush in a number of bastardised butzi’s

IMO and I’ll readily concede it don’t amount too much in some quarters .. there are too many misbegotten  thoughts on all this conversion stuff.

a good converted car is just that. By it  well treat it well and it’ll amount to the same when time comes to sell  

Been said above , by others.. it’s a seriously fine car..

14 hours ago, Arnage said:

Mainly maths about what has been done vs what may need to be done. Also personal pref for colours, age & rareness, etc.

People still don't like the LHD convert thing, no matter what is said about the car (obviously, Im not one of them) but it does restrict a sale/price, no matter how much the owner protests.

Due Diligence is required for any old Pcar purchase.

GLWS & GLWP

I guess this is why i was dreading selling my car because of shit like this. Yes, it restricts the price, which is why i am up front about everything on the car and why it isn't priced at $130k. The car isn't for everybody, but if like me, you want a 3.2 that drives as good as any and looks the same as the others but don't want to or can't afford to pay $130k+, there are options and this is one of them.

I will agree with  the last statement. Due diligence is needed on any old P Car because you can find horror stories in any Porsche. I have seen Oz delivered cars that are total nightmares, UK cars that are rust buckets and lhd converted cars that are not roadworthy. But I have also seen just as many really good examples of each of those and the generalisations that many make are nothing more than a mix of ignorance and scaremongering.

As for my car, some people know that I am pretty fussy about how my cars drive. Many know PR Technology and even have pre-purchase inspections done there. I bought the car from them because they said the car is spot on which i could also see and tell from driving it and I can assure people that this car will pass any due diligence. 

10 hours ago, SimonN said:

I guess this is why i was dreading selling my car because of shit like this. Yes, it restricts the price, which is why i am up front about everything on the car and why it isn't priced at $130k. The car isn't for everybody, but if like me, you want a 3.2 that drives as good as any and looks the same as the others but don't want to or can't afford to pay $130k+, there are options and this is one of them.

I will agree with  the last statement. Due diligence is needed on any old P Car because you can find horror stories in any Porsche. I have seen Oz delivered cars that are total nightmares, UK cars that are rust buckets and lhd converted cars that are not roadworthy. But I have also seen just as many really good examples of each of those and the generalisations that many make are nothing more than a mix of ignorance and scaremongering.

As for my car, some people know that I am pretty fussy about how my cars drive. Many know PR Technology and even have pre-purchase inspections done there. I bought the car from them because they said the car is spot on which i could also see and tell from driving it and I can assure people that this car will pass any due diligence. 

I thought Arnage made his point in a respectful way.

13 hours ago, 9er said:

I thought Arnage made his point in a respectful way.

I would suggest that a comment or discussion on the merits of conversions isn't appropriate on a specific "for sale" thread. Seriously, how can that be anything other than shitting all over the thread? There are other far more appropriate places on the forum for that comment.

I'm with SimonN here - he has been up front and honest about the car and general market discussions aren't really the right thing on a for sale thread for a specific car.  For sale threads should be mostly about the car itself with the occasional friendy comment like 'i know that car' or 'i had one like that' or 'looks nice, good luck'.

Emotions on buyer and seller can run high when transacting so best leave people to it.

90K for an 85 Carrera is a great price.   And on any objective measure a better car than all that came before it.  Certainly better than any large production run 911 made in the 70’s.

FFS - Its a 3.2 231 hp Carrera.  Enought said.  If a buyer isn’t turned on by some aspect of a car, any car, they wont buy.  

Knowing what I do of Simon, its hardly going to be a shed.

Arnage was speaking from bitter (sympathetic) experience.  I bought my 77 C3 from him and before I came by, he had experienced the full range of “oh, its been (mustn’t use the “C” word).  I’m sure no criticism was intended of Simon or the car.

For me, its all a lot of nonsense but hey, its a free country.

Were I in the market for an 85, I’d happily buy this one.  A fresh gearbox, sports seats, refurbished suspension and it has air conditioning thats been renewed! 

You really can’t go wrong.

On 27 April 2018 at 8:58 AM, SimonN said:

I would suggest that a comment or discussion on the merits of conversions isn't appropriate on a specific "for sale" thread. Seriously, how can that be anything other than shitting all over the thread? There are other far more appropriate places on the forum for that comment.

I read Arnage comments before your reply and it didn't seem at all to be disparaging.  You've given more oxygen to the topic so if you were concerned about effect on potential buyers, you d done yourself a disservice. I reckon your own commentary is the only "shitting all over the thread".  Just my opinion of course.  Maybe I need to track down the "rules"............

PS nice looking car for the coin, already forwarded to a mate who reckons he wants a 911.  To my eye looks odd with no rockers, seems to accentuate the heavy impact bumpers. 

Some people can only wank with one hand and as such have trouble changing gear in their buying mindset.. or have bad memories of hookers of left kind..

So I cant get why they cant see converts as a necessary evil.

I hope you and Skids  both sell your cars . Both good cars,  god forbid I might have to low ball ;)  I have got my Tshirt on ...

Im dreading the discussion of selling a dirty fricken import and or moving on my convert.  

The upside of a convert car is many do the right thing to them , starting out at lower base price and put the good mods in them accordingly vs hanging on to the originality that really dates em in the driveability  stakes some cases.  Evidently we still have a market of the investors and not the drivers out there..

You gotta love the buyers that have the million questions and reviews to do , but also cant realise sometimes how much cash we have piled into these cars.

I am pleased to say that a sale was agreed on Wednesday and it is just subject to the money arriving in my account! I am delighted that the car is going to a fellow PFA member who is a true Porsche enthusiast and I will allow him to post about it in due course.

On 4/29/2018 at 9:36 AM, symsy said:

Some people can only wank with one hand and as such have trouble changing gear in their buying mindset.. or have bad memories of hookers of left kind..

@symsy - you take weird to a whole new level 

3 hours ago, Ozvino said:

@symsy - you take weird to a whole new level 

Im so glad I can entertain ya Dave, Im gonna get a red car next :)  I have got a grey version of your car waiting to be driven in the UK , in the family fold ..see I do somethings normal !

I would like to address one issue, now the car is sold, and that was raised on this thread, much to my annoyance. It is the whole issue of converted cars.

My car was converted and it sold in 8 days. I had the first person view it the day after it was listed and I had the first offer on the 3rd day, although it was a lowball one. Compared with friends who have sold similar (Australian) cars, I think the overall response and speed of sale was exceptional. I believe there is a huge market for quality conversions because they allow you to buy a far better car at a good price than if you limit yourself to Australian delivered only. Of course you need to be sure that the conversion was done right, but if it was done right, the only difference in the way the car feels to an Oz delivered one is due to you having more money in your pocket!

I understand why some people want a totally original, Australian delivered car. What I don't understand is why anybody would go for a lesser driving experience just because it is an Oz delivered car. One thing everybody who drove my car said is that it is one of the best driving 3.2's they have come across ( some went as far as saying the best). Why pay more for less?

The real lesson from my car is simple. Converted cars sell at a discount to Australian cars (say 30-35% depending in condition etc) but if you buy at the right price and when you sell you don't get greedy, converted cars are easy to sell and are not something to be afraid of.

I would also add another factor. The real reason why my car feels so good to drive is simple. It's PR Technology. While I cannot say that they are better than everybody else, it is because of what they have done to the car that it feels so good (suspension, brakes, gearbox etc). They might seem expensive but as i have found out with 2 cars now, they are the difference between a good car and a great car. I believe that those of you who shop on price are doing yourself out of 2 things. First is the best driving experience and second, the resale value. My car sold because it drives so well, the price reflected that and money spent in the past was repaid on sale.

Your car sold quickly because the offered/accepted price was right for you and the buyer.:Beer:

Right for what it was that had been done to the car and in turn the way it drove. Both you and the buyer saw the monetry/driving/ownership value of the car considering all aspects of the car including the conversion. Price a sought after car "right" or within the scope of "right" and it'll move quick. What's next in the garage Simon?

Archived