This just came out of my wife’s mouth

I shouted her a hot lap of the Nordschliefe in a 997GT3RS.  She got out buzzing and said "I want one" and here we are.  (Got it on camera too!)

Not a GT3RS though... just a C2, but she's happy

14 hours ago, wilson59 said:

I showed my wife the tartan interior of a 77 911 sc it was enough to convince her we might need to own one . 

That was easy 

My wife is from Scottish stock, so the tartan won her over too. 

Well it was my wife that suggested we get another 2 seater roadster when our youngest daughter was about to get her licence.  After a little MX 5 diversion that lead to her Boxster, our first P car....

• 2 weeks later...
On 8 May 2018 at 10:34 PM, Tips said:

Show her the Macan love Tom, you know you want one 

A mate of mine had his 911 in at PCM getting serviced and they gave him a Macan S to drive for a couple of days.  I've had my eye on them for awhile and been trying to influence she who couldn't tell the difference between a Macan and a Honda CRV that an upgrade to the latest Macan is the way to go.  

So I was given the opportunity by my mate yesterday to drive the Macan loan car.  I must say that I was a bit underwhelmed.  It was comfortable enough but when I put my foot down there was a real lag and it seemed a bit gutless.  Maybe I have come to expect too much being a P ??   It was a diesel.

Anybody else held a similar view or driven the GTS or Turbo and had a very different driving experience ?

8 minutes ago, Thommo66 said:

It was a diesel

Nuf said :ph34r:

Never driven the diesel as mines petrol and I  don’t find it underwhelming at all ? but depends on what you are comparing it to in your expectations. I had the 4cyl loaner and that was certainly underwhelming.

9 minutes ago, Thommo66 said:

So I was given the opportunity by my mate yesterday to drive the Macan loan car.  I must say that I was a bit underwhelmed.  It was comfortable enough but when I put my foot down there was a real lag and it seemed a bit gutless.  Maybe I have come to expect too much being a P ??   It was a diesel.

I had (and so did the wife) the exact same experience/feeling when we had a loan Macan S from PCDoncaster while her Cayenne S (petrol v8) was in for service. Never thought I would say the Cayenne felt sharper and more responsive than anything, but it was good to get it back after the diesel Macan S...

Macan S petrol serviced recently and provided with a Macan diesel loan car. I wondered if I'd been given a four cylinder, the difference was significant. Very happy with our Macan and glad we didn't opt for the diesel.

On 5/18/2018 at 5:37 PM, Thommo66 said:

A mate of mine had his 911 in at PCM getting serviced and they gave him a Macan S to drive for a couple of days.  I've had my eye on them for awhile and been trying to influence she who couldn't tell the difference between a Macan and a Honda CRV that an upgrade to the latest Macan is the way to go.  

Anybody else held a similar view or driven the GTS or Turbo and had a very different driving experience ?

drove a GTS in LA recently. To be honest it was a little boring, but most modern cars have that effect on me now. Great car for the wife

Drove a Macan Turbo at Mount Cotton a few weeks ago around a skid pan slalom. Insanely capable and forgiving car when you give it a go. In the background was one of the professional drivers ringing the neck off a Macan GTS. Clearly in the right hands it is also an insanely quick car..

Dont understand why Porsche would make slow feeling Diesel ? Audi SQ5 is very quick and is a diesel

15 hours ago, turboT said:

drove a GTS in LA recently. To be honest it was a little boring, but most modern cars have that effect on me now. Great car for the wife

Drove a Macan Turbo at Mount Cotton a few weeks ago around a skid pan slalom. Insanely capable and forgiving car when you give it a go. In the background was one of the professional drivers ringing the neck off a Macan GTS. Clearly in the right hands it is also an insanely quick car..

Dont understand why Porsche would make slow feeling Diesel ? Audi SQ5 is very quick and is a diesel

Very interesting.  I can imagine that the Turbo would provide alot more grunt.  Also totally agree with you on diesel question.  My experience with a Beemer in the past (330 D) is that the diesels can be incredibly quick off the mark with great low end torque.  As you say with Audi being the same and I suspect VW's as well it seems bizarre that Porsche would not manufacture a diesel with some serious go given it's pedigree.  Must be somebody alot more knowledgable than I am who may know the reasons why. Unless its' as simple as their sales and marketing strategy with so many model variations to try get those of us who expect more from a base Porsche to pay more $$ to get into a GTS or Turbo.

On 5/20/2018 at 8:39 PM, Thommo66 said:

to try get those of us who expect more from a base Porsche to pay more $$ to get into a GTS or Turbo.

It works, twice that I’m aware of...

Once on me, once on my old man! ? 

both went in for diesel... 

Archived