Nations Cup GT3's

2 hours ago, 911rox said:

You apparently just need to provide an interstate address, not necessarily prove it's yours when registering interstate for cheaper stamps...

I recently sold a car to a local guy who simply drove it up to NSW, got a blue slip, walked into the RTA and registered the vehicle at half the price. A few months later he got a complimentary conversion to Vic plates, no questions asked! 

I'll certainly be doing the same if I buy second hand. 

Yeah I have had friends buy interstate with the sellers commercial property as address (acting as a tenant). I’m sure after 6 months transfer but surely not same week! Not that their system would be sophisticated enough or that anyone is scanning the accounts!  

1 hour ago, Peter John said:

Yeah I have had friends buy interstate with the sellers commercial property as address (acting as a tenant). I’m sure after 6 months transfer but surely not same week! Not that their system would be sophisticated enough or that anyone is scanning the accounts!  

This was a Melbourne chap who crossed the border and then drove home. He quoted a mate's address and 6 weeks later he was on local plates... $12.5k saved for a day trip is a great deal 😁👌

44 minutes ago, 911rox said:

This was a Melbourne chap who crossed the border and then drove home. He quoted a mate's address and 6 weeks later he was on local plates... $12.5k saved for a day trip is a great deal 😁👌

I hope he treated his new car to something pretty with that kinda change! Such a joke isn’t it.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had the Falken GT3 Historic Registered in SA last week ... maybe the first GT3 in Aus to have been rego'd on a Historic Scheme. It's a '99 Compliance plate and a Q3 '99 build so as of 1.1.24 could be Historic Rego'd - so no stamp duty too.

It's almost exactly 4 years to the month to get to this point.

It was a walk in rego with a simple VIN and Engine no check over - as the car had always been registered in Vic it was on the national rego system and with its matching numbers didn't need a roadworthy, despite the fact it would pass one of course. I did have to delicately reverse it onto a hoist so they could read the engine No.

It's now in a road going set up and would be registerable in any juristiction.

Fortunately here we don't have to use a horrendous looking H plate like other states - we can in SA use whatever plate we like.

1st rego2.jpg

interior.jpg