Nations Cup GT3's

Quick update on the Fitzy Nations Cup 996.1 GT3 CS

Some before & after photos of the interior... a reasonable amount of work goes into these GT3's to get them back to original, the choice of seats looks great with the colour matched backs & tartan inlays, the original CS seats are tucked away. 

F0-BF8-FEF-1722-4-EF0-9-F79-E5-BE27-BDE3
535-C117-A-06-B4-47-AD-8-A08-9-F52-ECA2-
IMG-8121.jpg42-BE0365-1-D9-F-499-F-9-F1-D-CBC99-B47-IMG-8120.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

After much soul searching my car is going up on carsales today. I've priced it between a LHD Cup car & RHD road car at $159,000. I'm still living overseas so the car isn't getting the use or attention it deserves....I think it represents good buying for the right buyer & hopefully it goes to someone like James P who has the knowledge & enthusiasm to get it ready for the GT3 25th Anniversary next year !!

Like the 71E I sold for $12,750 or 76 Carrera I sold for $49,000 I have no doubt I'll regret the decision in the future however life moves on....ha ha

While i'd like to sell & negotiable I'll keep the car if I can't find a reasonable price within the current market. Happy to discuss with any interested buyers....

Cheers,

Matt

3 hours ago, MR901 said:

After much soul searching my car is going up on carsales today. I've priced it between a LHD Cup car & RHD road car at $159,000. I'm still living overseas so the car isn't getting the use or attention it deserves....I think it represents good buying for the right buyer & hopefully it goes to someone like James P who has the knowledge & enthusiasm to get it ready for the GT3 25th Anniversary next year !!

Like the 71E I sold for $12,750 or 76 Carrera I sold for $49,000 I have no doubt I'll regret the decision in the future however life moves on....ha ha

While i'd like to sell & negotiable I'll keep the car if I can't find a reasonable price within the current market. Happy to discuss with any interested buyers....

Cheers,

Matt

I’m happy to restore it or get it back on the road or race track for the next owner, they are fantastic cars with great history 

14 hours ago, mc968cs said:

Hi.  What’s the detail ( high level) on the 25th ?

what’s needed for this car to be in it and finish it? 

The last event the car did was Targa High Country just before Covid. Since then it’s only done a couple of track days so would need fresh consumables (tires, filters, etc), a service & spanner check. I’ve done 10.40 up Mount Buller many times in this car….it’s very capable & with the right driver could comfortably do sub 10mins !!

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/08/2023 at 09:24, MR901 said:

The last event the car did was Targa High Country just before Covid. Since then it’s only done a couple of track days so would need fresh consumables (tires, filters, etc), a service & spanner check. I’ve done 10.40 up Mount Buller many times in this car….it’s very capable & with the right driver could comfortably do sub 10mins !!

PRICE UPDATED $149,000

• 3 weeks later...

The 2001 Sandown 500 is finally on YouTube... It was run for Nations Cup & GTP cars. Some great footage for me at the 48:45 min mark showing 3 of the 996.1 GT3 Clubsports I've had a lot to do with, I own & have restored the white Downard car, I owned the yellow Quinn car & sold it last year & are currently restoring the Green/Blue Fitzy car.... Brings back a few memories as i was working on the cars during this race.

• 1 month later...

Another restoration completed! 

This car played nicely everything went back together without any issue, it looks & drives great.

I'm very happy as is the cars owner with the way it turned out...

Some pics below but more on my instagram of some of the work i put into it  @porscheplatz

https://www.instagram.com/porscheplatz/

9-B87-F53-D-B4-FC-453-D-895-B-FB46-F435-
862-BE464-C4-A8-49-A7-9-D93-C637484-ABEF
59162247-1-A60-4-D06-8-F0-A-28526-E24134
C08-C2502-FA45-4839-8-B5-B-BFFDD02-C2724
EE5374-FA-90-FA-4304-9413-22-CCD8-F2-F9-18-copy.jpg

23 minutes ago, cafe_racer said:

Such a huge fan of that car. Well done! 

Thanks, it’s great to see these cars back to original & usable on the road or racetrack again… I enjoyed doing the work on this car & will be handing it back to its very happy owner soon 

• 2 weeks later...

A few more photos of the restored Peter Fitzgerald GT3 at ArtNeun & at a Porsche club day where I drove it out to Sandown for Pete to have a look, Pete was impressed with the work & was happy to see the car again... It was good to see him smile during his current health battle... 

D47-A6568-C715-43-C5-AF25-052566220-A03.
E13-FE0-BF-13-C1-4-A96-BA54-890-B23-E8-B
IMG-9477.jpg
IMG-9484.jpg
IMG-9513.jpg
Screen-Shot-2023-11-21-at-9-26-45-pm.pngIMG-9553.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 28/07/2023 at 13:11, 1st said:

Nations Cup 2000 and 2001 Results

Does anyone have a definitive list of the 2000 and 2001 results x round x car/driver x place?

The Falken GT3 was 2nd and 3rd outright in the Championship but I'd like to cross reference the car's results x round.

There also were races held at the Melb GP and Bathurst that I don't think counted to the NC Championship (?)

Wikipedia isn't user friendly as it list points per round.

Does anyone have the results that they can share please.

Cheers

Stewart

Adelaide

There MIGHT be some results in the Natsoft archive Stewart - http://racing.natsoft.com.au/results/

Not all circuits / organisers used Natsoft back then so there may be some results you can't find. 

If you know the dates / locations of the rounds you'll be able to see if the results are there or not.

1 hour ago, Stockydude said:

There MIGHT be some results in the Natsoft archive Stewart - http://racing.natsoft.com.au/results/

Not all circuits / organisers used Natsoft back then so there may be some results you can't find. 

If you know the dates / locations of the rounds you'll be able to see if the results are there or not.

Contact Aaron Noonan for a search @1st

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, cafe_racer said:

Oh wow. I was going off some dealer info. Would be good to get a source so that I can work to that. Assume it’s the call of the club you use to do the paperwork with? 

When vicroads look your car up to then put on H plates it’ll come up with its compliance date- you can see this by doing a vicroads plate check. So no way around it. If a club suggests you can you’ll hit the cross road at vicroads so I’d assume no club would advise you such. Dealer may have alterior motive of course 😉

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registration/limited-use-permits/club-permit-scheme/get-a-club-permit

Calculating the vehicle's manufacture date

• if your vehicle is fitted with an Australian compliance plate, the plate date is the date of manufacture

17 minutes ago, Peter John said:

https://www.vicroads.vic.gov.au/registration/limited-use-permits/club-permit-scheme/get-a-club-permit

• if your vehicle is fitted with an Australian compliance plate, the plate date is the date of manufacture

Yet, if your car has been imported (personally or otherwise) then the Manufacturer build date is used. 

The inconsistencies are typical beaurocratic nonsense. 

24 minutes ago, Peter John said:

When vicroads look your car up to then put on H plates it’ll come up with its compliance date- you can see this by doing a vicroads plate check. So no way around it. If a club suggests you can you’ll hit the cross road at vicroads so I’d assume no club would advise you such. Dealer may have alterior motive of course 😉

Amazing intel. Thank you! Might have to hold off on my 996 gt3 desires for a few months. 

Anything to avoid additional taxes is a win. 

1 minute ago, cafe_racer said:

Amazing intel. Thank you! Might have to hold off on my 996 gt3 desires for a few months. 

Anything to avoid additional taxes is a win. 

I still can’t get over how much more we pay in vic- I swear I tell/moan to someone each week about it. Get a interstate address and it’s halved.

But yes maybe get one and trailer to the track until it’s time- you’d have to assume the prices go up when h plate eligible or so sellers think. Dealers sure spruik the topic.

9 minutes ago, luzzo said:

Yet, if your car has been imported (personally or otherwise) then the Manufacturer build date is used. 

The inconsistencies are typical beaurocratic nonsense. 

Makes so much sense the data entry team at the desk keep right up to date! Ha!

10 hours ago, Peter John said:

I still can’t get over how much more we pay in vic- I swear I tell/moan to someone each week about it. Get a interstate address and it’s halved.

You apparently just need to provide an interstate address, not necessarily prove it's yours when registering interstate for cheaper stamps...

I recently sold a car to a local guy who simply drove it up to NSW, got a blue slip, walked into the RTA and registered the vehicle at half the price. A few months later he got a complimentary conversion to Vic plates, no questions asked! 

I'll certainly be doing the same if I buy second hand.