Car positioning jacks

symsy

Seeing as i have had such fun asking you all about hoses , i thought i shoudl start another purchase enquiry thread

Anyone using car positioning jacks..are the cheap ones ok, aka ebay $125 .

Thoughts experiences.. Im gonna try squeeze some of my cars close together in store...

Any good contacts for supply?

Does anyone else need some? Cos I will go hsutle someone for a bulk price..

Total Tools have them - not sure of width. At least you can take them back if you have a problem

I bought some on line years ago (can't remember supplier) and they were great and got lots of use at home and race meetings. Seals sloppy now and not pumping up well. Also a bit narrow for the Porsche rears.

Bought 4 from Total Tools a couple of months ago, some deal they had on at the time. $119 each, ended up with 4 for less than $350....

Great for moving the Spitfire around, haven’t tried them under the 911 yet but they’ll fit.

I’ve got the SCA set. Check the clearance height of the cars you intend to use with them and measure height of the jack area that needs to slide under the car. This brand won’t slide under/around rear of 993 turbo (standard ride height ) or GT3 as the castor wheel nut and arms are too high. On a 356 they work ok (not great) but floor must be very flat and clean as even small stones will foul you being able to push the car. And, while the actual jack mechanism will lift the car, the rest of the unit seems a bit flimsy even with 356 weight. Castors won’t swivel easily even with 356 weight. Lee M is right, don’t go cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived