The Forum.

Guest vas930

Guest vas930

Ok, the forum has had a rough few days.

The whole saga has gone on long enough, to the detriment of the forum as a whole.

This will be my last post.

After giving it plenty of thought, its clear my position as a mod and a member is untenable.

I say this with the posts and PMs over the last few days in mind.

The whole thing with banning Nick has become so twisted by a number of factors.

Posts on that thread have been removed.

Nick changed his posts on it a number of times.

So when you read it now it looks tame.

I never banned Nick for that article.

I cant belive so many people think thats the case.

I cant share what went on in removed posts or PMs.

This makes it impossible for me to defend my action.

Only two people know the full story of this and the issue we had with him last week.

Some of you need to face the fact, you just dont know all the facts.

If you did, you may see it in another way.

To be honest, I dont need to defend myself.

I have always acted in the best interest of the forum.

I will miss this place.

The SMTs were some of the most fun I ever had.

So, I hope this goes some way to helping get things back to an active fun place.

All the best to everyone. :)

Now have at it, get it out of your system, and get back to building a great forum.

I have asked the mods to remove all my content on the weekend.

I hope you understand, its not fair to have it here if I am not.

Anyone that leaves or is banned has that option.

I can only imagine what must have gone on behind closed doors for this to happen. What an absolute shame that it has come to this. I seriously think you should reconsider this Vas.

Not everyone enjoys reading articles from UK tabloids.

Danny

I am extremely disappointed that Vas has felt the need to do this.

It has been an extremely difficult time for several of the Moderators over the last week, and Vas is absolutely correct in the fact that much has happened beyond the public gaze of the members.

I personally stand 100% behind Vas, as well as all my Moderators who do a hard and thankless job to keep the forum a respectable and mannered CAR FORUM for us all to enjoy.

I have just completed reviewing and changing the "Rules and Guidelines" (at bottom right of all PFA pages) in order to be quite specific about the type of forum I originally set out to create, and am totally intent on maintaining. Please take the time to review these yourselves, and if you find them unacceptable, possibly another forum is for you.

I will be making every effort to reenlist Vas' excellent contribution, preferably as an invaluable Moderator, if not, certainly as a valued contributor.

HAL and Kerry.

Vas,

I have sat back during this whole saga, read and watched the comments with a fair bit of concern. But like everything in life there are 2 sides to a story so I have kept out of it all hoping that it would sort itself out.

Unfortunately that hasn't been the case and the place that should be a great spot to share stories, ask questions and most of all be around a bunch of blokes that are not Porsche club w$%#@&s sorry members but lovers of the greatest motor cars in the world has become something else all together.

I don't know what exactly happened with Nick and what exactly was said or done so I won't offer my opinion. What I will say is, I don't believe what was done by Vas would have been done without careful deliberation and consultation of the rules and guidelines set out when the forum started.

It was Vas's passion, knowledge and love for Porsche cars that drew me to the forum in the first place. It will be a huge loss both for the forum and the SMT's (the greatest fun you can have sitting down) without him.

K

Wow,

this is a disappointing turn indeed. Whilst I have not had the pleasure of meeting Vas, his input and knowledge is a great loss to the forum. Idon't pretend to know what has happened behind the scenes, but it is surely a pity that someone as committed to the marque, and as knowledgeable as Vas feels he can no longer be a part of what is a great forum.

sad development indeed,

Peter

The whole saga has gone on long enough, to the detriment of the forum as a whole.

After giving it plenty of thought, its clear my position as a mod and a member is untenable.

Only two people know the full story of this and the issue we had with him last week.

I will miss this place.

So, I hope this goes some way to helping get things back to an active fun place.

Now have at it, get it out of your system, and get back to building a great forum.

Vas,

At the end of the day it shouldn’t come to this, there is enough room for all enthusiasts here and you have been a good participant, all though life with car clubs, work environment and family there will be times when someone has a big dummy spit over something , and others who will over react.

This forum is full of people who have one thing in common, Porsche/friends and the enjoyment of it all and the people no matter their ego or status in life.

Hope this helps make you reconsider and stay on board.

Cheers

Steve.

Vas, this is bad news.

You are right, people are obviously unaware of the background, me included, but then you can only see what is visible. At the same time the mods have the responsibility for moderation & you can't have responsibility without the corresponding authority to go with it.

Not sure I heard anybody calling for your head, surely we can move on & put this in the past. I'd like to think given all that has taken place & Nicks passion for Porsche he may have taken a different course, but hindsight is a wonderful thing we should all be blessed with in advance.

I don't think anyone will benefit from the removal of you or your content from the forum, my 2 bobs worth.

Greg

Guest Harry

I don't know why you gettin all out of shape. Its a CAR BOARD. You are really stretching it. You left what he posted there for 3 days before others questionning you got too much and you wiped it. So my connection is pretty slow so I save alot of stuff to read offline so I saved it all. So I got it all here.I have witnessed and saved all the posts, all his edits and his original post before you blocked him and deleted it. Anyone want to see what went down an make up their own mind, PM me. What he posted last and was left there for everyone to read was as rough as it got.

It is a sad and shameful world when a man of integrity, Vas in this case, is publicly criticised by those who do not know what is going on. Vas and I challenged posts which were becoming increasingly sexist and potentially racist. Such posts had the potential to destroy this forum's reputation in the Porsche community and to be in breach of the Commonwealth Sex Discrimination Act 1984.Kerry created this forum for the enjoyment of fellow Porsche owners and it has risen in prominence. It does not fall into the category of an Official Porsche Club and makes no claims to do so. It is more like TIPEC, Rennlist forums and is privately funded, but provides free access not only in Australia but internationally. Because of its open access, it needs oversight and moderation. In some instances, this moderation needs to happen quickly and without open explanation to all. It's a case of the Judges decision is final.

Vas made a courageuos decision , seconds before I did the same, when the forum came under threat in content and operation, and at a time when not all Moderators were available. I fully supported his action. It is sufficient to say that I have association with people who have close ties with the Porsche Factory, who have politely asked me how the Company allows this forum to call itself PorscheForum Australia, when these companies are very careful of their rights. It is by the Company's "good grace", and Kerry's standing with Porsche Australia that we exist, and some Porsche employees are members of PFA.. We are not endorsed in any way, I need to make clear. So can you see the delicacy of the situation?

Finally, you the "membership" need to trust us. A decision to ban a forum member is only taken after warnings have been given, and in this particular instance ignored. Vas has my admiration as a "real man" who will stand up for his beliefs and decent moral standards. We need to get him back, as I am close to following him.

Paul M

Just so we are all clear who Harry actually is, please note the email address...

...no, nothing under-handed going on here is there?! <_<

Kerry

Screenshot2012-10-02at95617PM.png

Please re-read the post above again by the now "Guest Harry"...

This is actually a great example of the dis-ingenious behavior that we are provoked with.

No Harry doesn't live in San Fran.

No he doesn't drive a 356.

And he is no longer a member of this forum.

The culmination of the recent events have led to so many unfortunate casualties.

This is a public forum that hosts an array of people and personalities. Some are more opinionated where others are quiet and sit in the background. Some wear their heart on their sleeve where others have no emotion at all. Some have certain principles and guidelines they live their lives by which are different to others. As with society we are a melting pot of different personalities and on occasion people lock horns and sometimes challenge authority because they see things through different glasses.

Am I an innocent bystander in these events, certainly not. Did I make comment and ask for explanation, absolutely. Did my opinion differ to some others and some moderators, certainly. Would I repeat my actions given the "same" circumstances, without question.

It's a tragedy that these events have lead to the banning of a member and the self removal of a moderator. In hindsight, yes things could have been different and we would not be reading this thread. We would be talking Porsche instead of pointing fingers and looking at where to apportion blame or who to string from the highest rafter. Ultimately the only thing to come out of this is a clearer and more concise set of rules. A set of rules that are so tight that you need to be careful not to absent mindedly stray. And should you stray....you're outta here. They're the rules and if you don't want to abide you can move on to another forum. Enough said and point taken. Circumstances sometimes change.

Is Harry who Kerry is insinuating. That would almost make this Shakespearean and add yet another twist.

I'd like to think that is a total coincidence as Harry joined prior to any of these events, so it becomes a little confusing?

There is no doubt that both Nick and Vas's contributions to this forum will be missed . The extra downside may be something with a more clinical feel. Though I hope not.

It is a sad and shameful world when a man of integrity, Vas in this case, is publicly criticised by those who do not know what is going on. Vas and I challenged posts which were becoming increasingly sexist and potentially racist. Such posts had the potential to destroy this forum's reputation in the Porsche community and to be in breach of the Commonwealth Sex Discrimination Act 1984.Kerry created this forum for the enjoyment of fellow Porsche owners and it has risen in prominence. It does not fall into the category of an Official Porsche Club and makes no claims to do so. It is more like TIPEC, Rennlist forums and is privately funded, but provides free access not only in Australia but internationally. Because of its open access, it needs oversight and moderation. In some instances, this moderation needs to happen quickly and without open explanation to all. It's a case of the Judges decision is final.

Vas made a courageuos decision , seconds before I did the same, when the forum came under threat in content and operation, and at a time when not all Moderators were available. I fully supported his action. It is sufficient to say that I have association with people who have close ties with the Porsche Factory, who have politely asked me how the Company allows this forum to call itself PorscheForum Australia, when these companies are very careful of their rights. It is by the Company's "good grace", and Kerry's standing with Porsche Australia that we exist, and some Porsche employees are members of PFA.. We are not endorsed in any way, I need to make clear. So can you see the delicacy of the situation?

Finally, you the "membership" need to trust us. A decision to ban a forum member is only taken after warnings have been given, and in this particular instance ignored. Vas has my admiration as a "real man" who will stand up for his beliefs and decent moral standards. We need to get him back, as I am close to following him.

Paul M

Paul, I think giving the forum away is giving into a minority, this forum needs people

with knowledge and passion (like yourself and Vas) and i hope you can talk Vas back and look at what

is being said by the number of REGULAR contributors to the forum.

Cheers

Steve.

Its a shame that there has been a need to rewrite the "Rules and Guidelines".

Unfortunately i never read them in the first place so i have nothing to compare them to. I would have thought that common sense would prevail when posting content in this forum. Unfortunately some people seem to lack that sense and need clear guidelines. And by no means do i proclaim to be the moral compass in this regard, but im pretty sure that neither a UK Tabloid or pictures of scantily clad women are either.

I have never met Vas, however i did PM him earlier in the year to ask him about some wheels he had made for his car. He didn't answer my question in text, he simply provided his number and asked me to call him at my convenience. I did call him and 2 things were clear; his love for the marque and his willingness to help a fellow enthusiast. I have not spoken to him since.

Im 37 years old, don't consider myself a prude but am i the only one (non moderator) that thinks publicly that Nicks postings were inappropriate ? and that Vas has felt the need to relinquish his position because nobody has supported him publicly?

Danny

NB: i supported Nick when he made his apology after Kerry "tore him a new one" (NIcks Words), as like Theo, i think it takes a big man to admit when he is wrong. Dont really know what happened from there.

Hi all,

I also feel strongly that it is a loss to the forum with Vas' departure. I encourage all who have personal contact with him to urge he return. My only issue with recent events is that it was all played out so publically when the majority (myself included) were not aware of much of what was posted. I think we should focus on the sharing of knowledge, experience and passion for the cars (some tastful light hearted humour is also good. We self requlate content with the guidence of our moderators and use the delate button and PM's when needed.

When is the next SMT - we need one!

Hi all,

I also feel strongly that it is a loss to the forum with Vas' departure. I encourage all who have personal contact with him to urge he return. My only issue with recent events is that it was all played out so publically when the majority (myself included) were not aware of much of what was posted. I think we should focus on the sharing of knowledge, experience and passion for the cars (some tastful light hearted humour is also good. We self requlate content with the guidence of our moderators and use the delate button and PM's when needed.

When is the next SMT - we need one!

Couldn't agree more with both sentiments.

11th of the 11th?! (Sunday) - My pedal toe is getting itchy!

Kerry

Couldn't agree more with both sentiments.

11th of the 11th?! (Sunday) - My pedal toe is getting itchy!

Kerry

Remembrance Day, might be a good omen for moving on....

Along came Vas, a long relationship and deep knowledge of Porsche, huge TURBO fan (as we all know) and great mechanical knowledge. His enthusiasm was infectious and I truly believe his contributions to the forum got many others to participate. Who can forget the "eye" topic.

I am sure Vas did what he thought was right at the time.

I am sure that Vas did what he thought was in the best interests of the forum.

It is sad that Vas has decided to withdraw from the forum.

You will be missed. I hope that you will reconsider your decision to completely withdraw.

Doug

To use an analogy, the forum is like a football game.

There are rules to be followed by all the players

The players MUST read and understand these rules to be able to play

A referee is appointed to ensure the rules are followed, to use common sense and apply penalties in their enforcement, as dictated by the rules

It does not matter if the spectators or the players agree or disagree with the referee

THE REFEREES DECISION IS FINAL

Players may be sent off.

The referee should not have to give up his position whether considered right or wrong by the players or spectators

Good referees are hard to find and should be encouraged and supported.

What happens on the field stays on the field and everyone gets together after the game for beer

I guess what Im trying to say is, VAS930, you are a valued and respected member of the forum and your decision to stay, or not, is up to you, whether it be as an administrator or a contributing member. Dont let the last ten days ruin what you had. Take some time if you need, go for a drive and come back when you are ready in whatever capacity you choose

I will miss this place.

Vas, this is awful and clearly more stress and drama than anyone needs.

In hindsight, I now realise that I never saw that entire thread above.. so when I posted that I wasn't offended by what was written, I wasn't at that point in time. Not sure what was originally said and maybe I'd have a different reaction had I seen it.

I always try to take people at face value. I've found you both very helpful.. and I'm sorry that it's all come down to this.

I really hope once the dust settles you'll come back Vas....

Resignation no accepted Vas.

Didn’t Kerry tell you……..it’s for life!

No longer a mod :o

No longer a contributor :o

No more turbo Vas SMT :o (I don’t just let anyone throw stones up on my bonnet!)

On a serious note; given Nick’s character, I can only imagine he was like trying to tame a wild stallion, or a 911 turbo in the wet

Quick decisions may feel right at the time, but I ask you to reconsider your position for the benefit of all. I’m sure you will miss this site just as much as we will miss your input.

Hope to see your Hitchhiking Hawaiian Avatar back on the forum ASAP!

To everyone here that has wished Vas the best, and hoped for his return...

Unfortunately Vas has elected to stand by his original statement, and has asked me to delete his membership from the forum.

I'm sure I speak for all when I wish him all the best, and I will be keeping him in the loop for any future SMTs!

Cheers,

Kerry

Archived