Track Days

WGA

When I move back to Australia this year I will be living in the Melbourne area.

I attend quite a few track days each year in Europe and want to do the same here. After searching the web I see that there are reasonably regular events at Winton and Sandown but nothing much for Phillip Island. Why is that?  Lack of a suitable organiser or some other reasons?

@WGA You are welcome to join us at the Porsche Club track days with similar minded people & similar driving talent & respect for each others cars on track.. as for Phillip Island its a track that is heavily booked through the year so you will have to book through several different organisers or car clubs. On the week and that just passed you could have been at Phillip Island for 4 days straight Friday to Monday with 4 different clubs / organisers. One of the guys i know did 3 days in a row, plenty of opportunities in the year for PI

@WGA You can also try The Bend here in SA (an hour and a bit from Adelaide). Without doubt the best motorsport facility in Australia with onsite accomodation and exceptional facilities including restaurant, not to mention a great track that's smooth as a...smooth thing! 

Definitley worth a visit 

There are lots of track days at PI every year; PIARC, WRX Club, AROCA, Maserati Club, MSCA to name a few. You can run at any one of those days as an associate so long as you have a CAMS license. 

Archived