Groupbuy for mid-rise scissor lift [2020]

EDIT -$2313 wholesale price for 6 people.
let me start off by saying that I am in no way affiliated with any of these companies, I’m just a guy that is looking to upgrade my garage and make my life easier at the same time haha.
I noticed that the last time we had a group buy for a scissor lift was back in 2015. They managed to get the price down from 2.3k/2.4k to 1.8k/1.9k.  Just wondering since we have many new members now, is anyone else interested in a group buy as I am tired of being on my knees and back to work on the cars haha. Not taking commitments at this point in time, just gauging numbers to give to companies for discount purposes. 

For those that don’t know, a mid rise scissor lift is amazing if you have limited space, limited ceiling height and would like the option of portability as they are not bolted into the concrete like a a 2 post hoist. The height is selectable, and the new lifts do not need an air compressor to lock, they are electromagnetically locked. You can work on and remove engines, transmissions and Most suspension components for most cars with these lifts. They work well with low cars and when not in use they can sit on the garage floor (under the parked car) taking up next to no precious garage space (unlike a 2 post hoist). If your garage is unusually low, you can quickly wheel it outside and lift the car outside. 

The best hoist on the market value wise is distributed in Melbourne from my research, they use a 19mm solid arm  construction (thicker then the market) without the need of an air compressor to be constantly plugged in (unlike many others). Importantly , this hoist does not use the free wheel design of cheaper scissor lifts and has a inbuilt mechanical safety locking system (one of my main criteria) They raise the car to 1.1m not including your choice of rubber jack block thickness - more then high enough to do almost anything.

As for price. The owner has agreed to reduce the price from $2690 to $2500 for a single purchase (myself). From previous group buys I hope to be able to reduce that further closer to 2k. 

if anyone has any other input or connections that would be great too! Open to many options. 
It is likely that this will be a Victoria Group buy, however depending on number of requests I’m sure the company can accomodate for shipping to other states.

E3E298A8-24B6-4637-BAEE-AC6F0F34067B.png

8E2087CC-9DBE-4087-8ECF-D62E90BCAC03.png

Edited by Camver

I am interested and located near Sydney.

I have been eyeing the twin busch lifts for a while, if you want to look into different options.

The quickjack could also work but the RRP is just to much compared to a dedicated scissor jack.

Could be worthwhile seeing if they can do a group buy?

2 hours ago, PDean said:

So who is going to grind down the earth on the plug and who is going to get an electrician to install a 15amp circuit at home🤔

A lot of more modern homes or those with later A/C or pool installations will have a 15A circuit available.  I had the A/C sparky run me a 15A point to my garage for the welder and compressor for a slab.  It's not normally an issue - at least it's not like trying to get 3 phase :D

I think freight is the big 'bulk buy' deal killer for these items.  Fine if you're all in proximity and have a ute/trailer; but if you're rural/regional the savings get swallowed up.

3 hours ago, PDean said:

So who is going to grind down the earth on the plug and who is going to get an electrician to install a 15amp circuit at home🤔

A dedicated circuit is needed anyway so it may as well be 15amp.

1 hour ago, Fishcop said:

A lot of more modern homes or those with later A/C or pool installations will have a 15A circuit available.  I had the A/C sparky run me a 15A point to my garage for the welder and compressor for a slab.  It's not normally an issue - at least it's not like trying to get 3 phase :D

I think freight is the big 'bulk buy' deal killer for these items.  Fine if you're all in proximity and have a ute/trailer; but if you're rural/regional the savings get swallowed up.

Specs say it’s 2.2kw 1 phase ,,, that 9.1amps so will run of any GPO 

Alright guys, there is quite a lot of interest so far ! i plan on posting in a few other areas to help fill up the buyer pool quicker. 

I actually went to their warehouse today to inspect the hoist as I was planning on buying the lift for myself - group buy or not. I can confirm the build quality is incredible. I spent an hour speaking to the owner, he has been in the hoist business for many years now and knows of all the other brands quite well. He knows that his hoists are the best in the market in that price range and on a commercial use scale, it competes with higher price tiered lifts. His business model was such that he was happy to  bring in a more expensive lift as long as it was built superiorly compared to it's competitors, as he would have less people return the hoists due to component failure and target a better market. This kind of resonates with me, I am happy to pay an extra 2-300$ if its a superior product.

So from my understanding the hoist is shipped pretty much ready to install, there is no need to run hydraulic lines, drill into the concrete or tinker with a power board like some other systems. It is single phase and should be plug in and play. The hydraulic motor/reservoir can be moved out of the way for a clean install and storage. All that will need to be done is to fill  6L of  32w hydraulic fluid (40-50$).

There are a few  free included extras that some other manufacturers make you pay more for;  such as the rubber pads (100$), and the movement hook. 

An optional extra are the extra low profile extended ramps for extremely low cars ($140 each or $550 for 4). These can be placed under the existing hinged ramps to extend the total ramp and decrease total ramp incline. Now, these are quite well built and look like longer versions of blue ramps that are included with the lift in the above pictures. I must say that the 'low car issue' can still be solved cheaply by placing 2 planks of wood under each ramp. 

NOW, onto the price. He is very interested in helping us, however, the margins are not that great on his backend. After some negotiation, with 6 people he has agreed to give us his lowest wholesale price that he provides to commercial dealers. He has reduced the price from 2.7k to a final price of $2331 WITH AN INVOICE. 

His previously agreed price of $2500 for my single purchase was for a cash purchase WITHOUT  AN INVOICE. At the time the lowest he could do for a card purchase WITH AN INVOICE was $2590. The invoice method allows people the possibility to claim the hoist back on tax and to put on credit with a 1.5% surcharge.

For Shipping, to QLD and SYD he says that freighting would cost 2-300$ very roughly, with that price going down if multiple items are shipped to the same area. 

You are more then welcome to organise your own postage or notify me of any shipping contacts that can assist us in getting these to members at a lower price! 

The shipping dimensions are in 2 packages as weights 590kg total -

1: 1800x1540x220mm = lift

2: 520x450x1150mm = motor unit

For reference. If you live in Victoria it may be ideal to pick up the hoist. I am simply planning on renting a trailer for about 70$ loading the items at the warehouse and carting it to my house. Alternatively i can get a tow truck or moving truck and have them transport the item to my door step for under 200$.

Cheers!

21 hours ago, Boosh said:

I am interested and located near Sydney.

I have been eyeing the twin busch lifts for a while, if you want to look into different options.

The quickjack could also work but the RRP is just to much compared to a dedicated scissor jack.

Could be worthwhile seeing if they can do a group buy?

I’ve looked at quickjacks however the height it only 10mm more then I can get with a regular jack, so I can’t really justify the price difference there

1 hour ago, Camver said:

I’ve looked at quickjacks however the height it only 10mm more then I can get with a regular jack, so I can’t really justify the price difference there

I have Quickjacks and found that you are able to slide under the whole car length as there is no restriction with cross bars. They do have their limitations in that it is difficult to remove any panels that are hard up against the lifting points. I removed and rebuilt my Boxster engine with them last year and although they made it easy, nothing beats a two post hoist.

Boosh, If you are in Sydney (North side) you are welcome to try mine. 

Good to see some holes in base plate. Depending on your garage floor surface, these can slide while trying to drive onto them. Those who decide to buy, give a test run as sometimes you need to install anchor bolts to prevent this. Also, please install the correct direction for you vehicle. IE: A 911 is best to have scissor installed backwards due to rear engine weight bias. Usually the manual showing install instructions are for front engined vehicles. 

So I tested that because I thought It would have a similar issue. I went to over to one of the houses from one of the guys that bought the hoist while I was inspecting them yesterday, he had epoxy floors and I drove a car into it. The lift didn’t budge. If yours does that, the simple and cheap solution is to put an old Microfiber towel under the load point to increase friction. But unless you have tiled floors I’d be surprised if it slips 

22 hours ago, WB997.2GTS said:

I have Quickjacks and found that you are able to slide under the whole car length as there is no restriction with cross bars. They do have their limitations in that it is difficult to remove any panels that are hard up against the lifting points. I removed and rebuilt my Boxster engine with them last year and although they made it easy, nothing beats a two post hoist.

Boosh, If you are in Sydney (North side) you are welcome to try mine. 

I was mistaken in my previous post and lifting dimensions, Quickjacks lifting dimensions are lower then I thought. 
Yes, I agree that nothing holds a candle to 2 post hoists. However many of our garage spaces, wife’s and lifestyles will not permit Their installation - including mine.

I must say that the quick jacks are definitely a step above our usual jack method, and you can Deffinately make do with the space it gives you. However, you are paying and inflated price for the portability - which I understand. 

The issue I have is that the quick jack 5000 is 3200$+extra costs at full price, but then the car only gets lifted to 533mm with the blocks and it will lift only 2200kg. My current jack will do 555mm. While you can make the 533mm space work, it’s not exactly comfortable when you come upto the odd rusted bolt that you need extra room to build torque, or pulling a transmission. 

If portability was the issue quick jack is great, but if you can make do with A bit less portability, the mid rise lift is much better. 3T capacity, 1m high max capacity, more safety features and cheaper.

not trying to sell anyone on this, this purely was purely for my personal research haha.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...